[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 2600X auto-overclock and cooling?

Javier Fernandez

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Hello, it seems that during benchmarks and stress testing (3DMark and HeavyLoad) my 2600X tops out at about 73C according to Ryzen Master, it seems like most people online think this is a safe temperature, does this mean more cooling would not necessarily bring me benefits from the ryzen auto-overclock? It's carrying the stock Wraith Stealth cooler.

Solution
Pretty much any time you expect a higher than stock level of performance, better cooling should be considered. With that said, the PBO function will only do what it can within the power and heat parameters it "reads", so even if you stay with the stock cooler it isn't going to hurt anything.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Pretty much any time you expect a higher than stock level of performance, better cooling should be considered. With that said, the PBO function will only do what it can within the power and heat parameters it "reads", so even if you stay with the stock cooler it isn't going to hurt anything.

Solution
Hello, it seems that during benchmarks and stress testing (3DMark and HeavyLoad) my 2600X tops out at about 73C according to Ryzen Master, it seems like most people online think this is a safe temperature, does this mean more cooling would not necessarily bring me benefits from the ryzen auto-overclock? It's carrying the stock Wraith Stealth cooler.
It is safe temp but also may cause slight drop in boost frequency, may be in order of 50 -100MHz. Best to be kept up to 70c. One way to check for that is to keep track of maximum frequency at such loads.