[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 3500U vs AMD Ryzen 5 4500U

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Hi Guys.
What are your thoughts about this 2 CPU's? The question here is more about the MT in 3500U vs 2 more cores in the 4500U.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If it were me I would get the 4500U. It uses the faster Zen 2 architecture, it's faster in both single and multi-thread despite having 6 cores and 6 threads. It's more power efficient as well as it's on 7nm.

In terms of the actual MT benefits, difficult to determine but using Notebookcheck's data on the Acer Swift 3, the 4500U was 42% faster in Cinebench R20.

For reference their average performance increase over the notebooks they tested was 55%. Highly recommend Notebookcheck for laptop reviews as well if your not familiar with them.
Ok well 4500U is a lot faster in multi-threaded performance. It's difficult to put a number on it though because the performance you'll get can vary quite a bit between laptops. Which laptop models were you considering? I would only pick the 3500U over the 4500U if the former was in a laptop of higher quality.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Ok well 4500U is a lot faster in multi-threaded performance. It's difficult to put a number on it though because the performance you'll get can vary quite a bit between laptops. Which laptop models were you considering? I would only pick the 3500U over the 4500U if the former was in a laptop of higher quality.
The model is exactly the same in term of chassis and other specs. The difference is only the APU.
My question was basically only about the MT, because the 3500u have 8 and the 4500U have the same as cores.

If it were me I would get the 4500U. It uses the faster Zen 2 architecture, it's faster in both single and multi-thread despite having 6 cores and 6 threads. It's more power efficient as well as it's on 7nm.

In terms of the actual MT benefits, difficult to determine but using Notebookcheck's data on the Acer Swift 3, the 4500U was 42% faster in Cinebench R20.

For reference their average performance increase over the notebooks they tested was 55%. Highly recommend Notebookcheck for laptop reviews as well if your not familiar with them.

Solution

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021

Thank you. Got it :)