Question AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Graphics not working

Jan 27, 2022
My ryzen 5 5600g is not displaying any graphics on the screen even though the PC powers on with all the fans spinning. My MOBO is Gigabyte B550 Auros Elite. I did research and I updated the BIOS to F13 so the CPU would be supported. That didn’t work, then I upgraded the BIOS to F14 and that didn’t work either. I am using RAM that I know works in another computer. I am very frustrated and don’t know what else to do. Please help.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Please list complete system specs. Include power supply, monitor, everything.

This is a new build that aside from building it up and powering it on, you have never seen any video output at all? No splash screen, no access to BIOS, anything?

My ryzen 5 5600g is not displaying any graphics on the screen even though the PC powers on with all the fans spinning. My MOBO is Gigabyte B550 Auros Elite. I did research and I updated the BIOS to F13 so the CPU would be supported. That didn’t work, then I upgraded the BIOS to F14 and that didn’t work either. I am using RAM that I know works in another computer. I am very frustrated and don’t know what else to do. Please help.

Do you have an older external GPU you can try to ensure the CPU is working? I'm assuming this is the first time you've used this PC?

Reactions: punkncat

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What steps did you take to flash bios?

Rename bios file to gigabyte.bin
Put gigabyte.bin on usb root directory, not zipped or folder (root directory).
Use usb2 port, the black port(s) furthest left of io.
Press flash button.

Usb stick needs to be usb2 not 3. Formatted fat32.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Turns out my cpu has some bent pins, I am assuming this is the issue.

That would likely be it. Don't fret though, according to how bad they are you might be able to straighten them. There are a number of good videos about it. Requires a lot of patience and a steady hand. Most of the folks talk about a toothpick being best. Just be super slow and super tedious careful about it. If you snap one, it's over.

This is of the assumption that you did the damage. If you dropped it, etc. it will void warranty. If it came that way you could have had options, particularly before install and with a picture.