[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and Team T-Force 16GB memory - PC Part Picker Voltage Warning

jsmith0258

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hey there,

I'm hoping that someone could help me look at my current choice for CPU and memory in a planned build, and let me know if if I have a compatibility issue after PC Part Picker flagged a warning. Memory was picked from the "Best Picks" section specifically for use with Ryzen CPUs, but maybe I've missed something.

Details below – is this an actual issue, or should I just ignore that warning?

PC Part Picker link to build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mzvHXb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Memory: Team T-Force XTREEM ARGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory

PC Part Picker Warning:
"The Team T-Force XTREEM ARGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory operating voltage of 1.45 V exceeds the AMD Zen 3 CPU recommended maximum of 1350 mv+7% (1444.5 mv). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1350 mv voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the AMD recommended maximum."

Solution
I would suggest you ignore that warning. If the manufacturer recommends 1.45V then you should be OK.
Does your RAM kit appear on the MB QVL? Needed to check for compatibility.
Also the r5-5600x supports up to 3200MHz so you may have to manually enter Timings and Dram voltage in Bios. I'm not saying they will not work however there may not be an extended profile for easy overclocking.
To get to their rated frequency and at CL14 you would want a good IMC as Ryzen is a picky processor.
I would suggest you ignore that warning. If the manufacturer recommends 1.45V then you should be OK.
Does your RAM kit appear on the MB QVL? Needed to check for compatibility.
Also the r5-5600x supports up to 3200MHz so you may have to manually enter Timings and Dram voltage in Bios. I'm not saying they will not work however there may not be an extended profile for easy overclocking.
To get to their rated frequency and at CL14 you would want a good IMC as Ryzen is a picky processor.

Solution

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
The sticks have tight timings, that is why they require 1.45volts. B-die is fine up to 1.50v without fans over the RAM. 3600 Mhz should work out of the box, every 5600x can handle at least that.
Whats with the Samsung SSD? Very expensive.
Have you considered upgrading HDD to 2TB for around 10$ more?

jsmith0258

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Ah, appreciate the replies from both of you, very helpful.

Drives (and monitor) I already own from an old machine – they are just added as a sanity check while I was playing with build.