Info AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-core 3D V-Cache CPU incoming ? *leak*

Hi, will just keep this short and simple. It appears that we have another AMD 3D V-cache processor in the pipeline. Leak looks legit, so we might get another AMD V-cache SKU pretty soon.

It's the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D.

Coming to the specs, the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D has the OPN code "100-000001176", and it's based on 7nm Zen 3 core architecture. There are 6 cores and 12 threads. The chip will feature 3 MB of L2 cache and a massive 96 MB L3 cache, same as previous Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU.

That means 32 MB of L3 cache & 64 MB of SRAM stack on the singular CCD.

And base clock is 3.3 GHz and boost clock is 4.4 GHz. Just like the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, the Ryzen 5 5600X3D should come with a default TDP of 105W and would carry no overclocking/OC support, due to its and sensitive cache which isn't too fond of higher voltages.

Let's hope this is priced competitively, because there is going to be a huge demand for this mainstream 3D V-cache chip.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D has already hit sub-$300 US pricing, so if the Ryzen 5 5600X3D is priced anywhere around the $200 US range, it will easily become one of the best-sellers and further extend the shelf-time of AM4 motherboards.

FyLFraaXwAIsbqJ

View: https://twitter.com/g01d3nm4ng0/status/1667502118456918016

I can't imagine why. It's dead platform and they could just release a 7500 on Am5 that could achieve the same result with all the new architectural advantages.

I presume the AM5 socket and its accompanying hardware are expected to be more costly than their AM4 counterparts due to DDR5 memory being more costly than DDR4.

As such, users looking to upgrade to the AM5 socket must factor in the total cost of upgrading their entire system – processor, motherboard, and memory – when making this decision.

I can't imagine why. It's dead platform and they could just release a 7500 on Am5 that could achieve the same result with all the new architectural advantages.
Not for those who don't want the expense of changing platform; AM4 isn't dead because it's incapable and there is a huge installed base to sell to. And I tend to doubt a 7500 would achieve the same result. Not when considering how competitive a 5800X3d is against the 7800X in gaming. If the margin holds, a 5600X3d might easily be equally competitive against a 7600X in gaming.

But then, it's all vapor and sparkle until we see something real from AMD on it instead of rumours and scuttlebutt.

The real questions that come to my mind are: if TSMC production capacity was maxed out, how does AMD come to have a sufficient allotment to do this with their older generation product? Or are they doing this with chiplets they already have in stock but aren't moving as 7600&7900 CPU's? Which in turn suggests they don't have to start a chiplet at the foundry to be incorporated into a stacked cache product...but can do it with any chiplet in stock?

Last edited:

IDProG

Distinguished
I can't believe people actually fall for this obvious fake leak.

"Look, guys, I have this random Excel spreadsheet with absolutely ZERO evidence that the spreadsheet was made by AMD"

What makes this more ridiculous is that it's the 5600X3D, a discontinued gen. This will be, like, 1000% more believable if it's actually 7600X3D (0.01% chance to 0.1% chance).

People should search about QbitLeaks. His entire existence was to prove how stupid the PC community was because they so easily believed in fake leaks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2838871

I can't believe people actually fall from this obvious fake leak.

"Look, guys, I have this random Excel spreadsheet with absolutely ZERO evidence that the spreadsheet was made by AMD"

LOL... "88% of things you read on the internet are completely made up" ~ Abraham Lincoln in his prelude to the Gettysburg Address 1863

D

Deleted member 14196

I also doubt this leak is real. Does not make sense

LOL... "88% of things you read on the internet are completely made up" ~ Abraham Lincoln in his prelude to the Gettysburg Address 1863
...colorized.
I also doubt this leak is real. Does not make sense
Eh, it could be one of these weird CPUs made for the Chinese market like we see from intel once in a while.
Or they just had some FAB capacity left over from covid on the older process and had to use it for something.

Okay, let's leave all those theories aside. :p Some unreleased or abandoned silicon spotted in AMDs labs ?

AMD's unreleased Ryzen 9 5950X3D & Ryzen 9 5900X3D 3D V-Cache CPUs featuring up to 192 MB of cache have been spotted during GamerNexus's tour at AMD's test and engineering campus in Austin, Texas.

They were shown several prototypes and unreleased samples of AMD's 3D V-Cache CPUs that didn't make it to launch. These include several Ryzen 7000 "Zen 4" designs and two Ryzen 5000 "Zen 3" designs.

The Zen 3 CPUs in this list include the Ryzen 9 5950X3D and the Ryzen 9 5900X3D, featuring 16 cores and 12 cores in total, respectively.

Anyway, all of these unreleased chips feature a 3D V-Cache stack on both of their CCDs. This will allow the CPUs to carry up to 192 MB of L3 cache.

Each stack offers 64 MB of L3 cache for a total of 128 MB and the rest of the 64 MB cache comes in the form of 32 MB standard L3 configured within each CCD that's shared across all cores. Zen 3 had 1 MB of L2 cache so it is easy to tell that the chips running here are Ryzen 5000 parts.

Video is also embedded below.

mzfrXEM.png

R4I0flt.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTA3Ls-WAcw&t=1s

D

Deleted member 14196

Gimme. Gimme gimme

No building pcs for me until my son is done with University. He can pay for any graduate studies.

Where are the doubters now ? "Look, guys, I have this random Excel spreadsheet with absolutely ZERO evidence that the spreadsheet was made by AMD"

The doubters would say that it's only micro center and only in store and only a few months of supply so it might as well not exist at all....

It would be interesting to learn about the backstory of why AMD even bothered to make it.

It would be interesting to learn about the backstory of why AMD even bothered to make it.

I think AMD wants to extend AM4 platform's longevity ! After all, these X3D CPUs offer a much better price/perf ratio than other AMD SKUs, including even the high-end X models. So it makes sense to produce more of these chips to target GAMERS, and also to increase AMD's market share.

We can't deny X3D chips offer a much better bang for buck than other competing processors. Apart from this, there might be some leftover or even defective silicon with AMD. so they decided to use these chips to make a lower-end SKU, hence the 5600X3D.

I think AMD wants to extend AM4 platform's longevity ! After all, these X3D CPUs offer a much better price/perf ratio than other AMD SKUs, including even the high-end X models. So it makes sense to produce more of these chips to target GAMERS, and also to increase AMD's market share.

We can't deny X3D chips offer a much better bang for buck than other competing processors. Apart from this, there might be some leftover or even defective silicon with AMD. so they decided to use these chips to make a lower-end SKU, hence the 5600X3D.
Gamers nexus made a video, according to him they had enough failed higher tier CPUs to make a small run of these CPUs and that's the whole reason for them existing.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTjRfkEFk4

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Its pretty simple. If you have some 5800x3d bits that aren't up to snuff. Do some cutting and boom, new sku and no wasted silicon.

Not only that, with AM4 still vastly more common than AM5 it's an easy and readily available pool of buyers to target.