I've just bought a new computer,
Specs:
Case: NZXT H7 Flow
MB: ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II cooler RBG
GPU: RTX 4080
RAM: Kingston 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz

And I've found that the idle temps are around 50 to 60C (cpu package temp) and doing something as simple as starting Discord or downloading drivers from Nvidia raises the temps to 80C.
I know it's a hot CPU but this can't be normal right?

After having the fans at max speed I can manage to get the idle temp down 43-45,

I bought my PC from a PC shop near me and before I contact them I would like to explore my options what i can do myself here... Could there be a fault with the cooler since its running this hot or could it be something els

Last edited:
Hello,

I've just bought a new computer,
Specs:
MB: ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II cooler RBG
GPU: RTX 4080
RAM: Kingston 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz

And I've found that the idle temps are around 50 to 60C (cpu package temp) and doing something as simple as starting Discord or downloading drivers from Nvidia raises the temps to 80C.
I know it's a hot CPU but this can't be normal right?

After having the fans at max speed I can manage to get the idle temp down 43-45,

I bought my PC from a PC shop near me and before I contact them I would like to explore my options what i can do myself here... Could there be a fault with the cooler since its running this hot or could it be something els
Sounds like lack of thermal past didn't remove scratch gaurd from the cooler or doable cooler

Jul 22, 2023
I talked to the people that built it for me and they said that the CPU could run very hot and it's a normal temp for this CPU and nothing to really worry about as long as it don't run over89~

Is this correct?

TRENDING THREADS