Question AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU or AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D

CabKing65

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2015
Hello. My intel cpu has been causing my games to crash and I like to play ranked games. ITs been pissing me off for months and just found out my cpu is at fault with unreal engine games hitting hardest !

Im looking to stay on 1440 gaming on Overwatch 2 ,Apex legends , The finals . I mainly play those 3 games. I have a 4060 Nivdiva founders edition.

Doing research looks like AM4 sockets have been one of the best reliable gaming sockets. I can afford 200-400 for cpu. Just curios on any ones thoughts. The pricing on AM4 equipment is really low. DRR4 , Mobo etc. I was looking to add on a nicer graphics card like a 4070Ti super. I was thinking of saving some money with the Am4 sockt build and put it towards the 4070Ti Super.

If I go with a 4070Ti super would the AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D bottle neck the GPU??
Any problems with AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU for gaming ??

boju

Titan
Ambassador
5700X3D will more than suffice a 4070Ti Super. Every cpu has a 'what you could describe it' max fps output before performance starts dropping because it's maxed out. That level of fps will depend on game engine and monitor refresh rate. So really, those two indicators are your real terms of bottleneck. 5700x is capable of well over 100fps.

But what is difficult to know is what the cpu usage is like in any given game at such high frame rates and what kind of experience that represents, ie fps drops and stutters. Id say very little chance of that happening if your monitor's resolution is 1440p or higher with reasonable graphics settings, details that wouldn't see fps reach cpu limits.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What about the Ryzen 5 7600X model CPU? Some reviews say just go with that one over the AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D

Depends on game and if game benefits 3D cache, not all titles will and perform closer to non x3D models and others x3D does really well. 7600x is good all rounder, not just in games but like video editing and things x3D is not ideal. Most reviews cover that and like the above link, gives you an idea the performance in the things you'd most likely be interested in. The processors you're interested in are all there. Bare in mind though the graphics card used at Techspot is a 4090 and even that has limits in some games.