Question AMD Ryzen 7900X3D overclocking and heavily threaded apps and games, City Skylines 2 being one ?.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
i was wondering is it safe to use the lowest PBO voltage settings of

PPT 162
EDC 180
TDC 120

are these settings safe to use for heavily threaded games liike city skylines 2?

also are they safe overclocks for 24/7 operation? im assuming it downshiofts when not in a game and just web browsing or whatever

are there any othere voltages i should set specificly to reduce temps my cooling is coolermaster prism 360 with a thermal grizzly kryosheet (to spread the heat out where chip is less warm like center iod

in city skylines 2 with PBO enbled looks like my all core clocks dont go over 4.8 this doesnt seem normal but then again new to this chip

Last edited:
i was wondering is it safe to use the lowest PBO voltage settings of

PPT 162
EDC 180
TDC 120

are these settings safe to use for heavily threaded games liike city skylines 2?

also are they safe overclocks for 24/7 operation? im assuming it downshiofts when not in a game and just web browsing or whatever

are there any othere voltages i should set specificly to reduce temps my cooling is coolermaster prism 360 with a thermal grizzly kryosheet (to spread the heat out where chip is less warm like center iod

in city skylines 2 with PBO enbled looks like my all core clocks dont go over 4.8 this doesnt seem normal but then again new to this chip
You can always use and is recommended to use Curve Optimizer in BIOS to dynamically scale down voltages