[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT Running high temperatures

bubbykong

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
Hellos,

Recently my PC has begun to run high temperatures hitting in the 90s and automatically shutting off. I have had it for about a year now and this is new to me. To start I reapplied thermal paste and that did not fix the issue. Below are my PC specs. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
RTX 3080 ZOTAC
VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz x 2L
SSD 1TB M.2 Crucial
HDD 2TB
HDD 2TB
Lian Li Liquid Cooler 360
Lian Li Dynamic 011 case
Lian Li Strimer Plus Kit 1 24PIN 2 8PIN
Deep Cool 850W +80 GOLD FULL MODULAR
Deep Cool 9 RGB FANS

Solution
The fan system seems to be working well I have 3 on the bottom pushing air up. Also 3 on the top pushing air up. The 3 on the side sucking air out.
The pump is the thing to worry about as they can fail early or be hooked up incorrectly.

Are you monitoring pump speeds? It should be set to maximum speed all the time, usually using +12V constantly. The speed should be something between 2000 and 3000 RPM but depends on design and type so check your AIO documentation to see.

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
I would look at the cooler closely, maybe it has gone kaput after a year. Also with nine fans hope the air is not just circulating in itself and you do have a push-pull config.

bubbykong

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
I would look at the cooler closely, maybe it has gone kaput after a year. Also with nine fans hope the air is not just circulating in itself and you do have a push-pull config.
The fan system seems to be working well I have 3 on the bottom pushing air up. Also 3 on the top pushing air up. The 3 on the side sucking air out.
IMG-1865.jpg

The pump is the thing to worry about as they can fail early or be hooked up incorrectly.

Are you monitoring pump speeds? It should be set to maximum speed all the time, usually using +12V constantly. The speed should be something between 2000 and 3000 RPM but depends on design and type so check your AIO documentation to see.

Solution