News AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Hits 4.7 GHz And Outpaces Core i7-10700K

hannibal

Distinguished
No worry. Intel has money to come back, but next year may be hard to them. But we do not need to be worried about Intel!
Amd has now better cpu, but because Intel is so big, it still has 80% market chare. If amd can get 25% it is miracle and TSMC production is so well spent that other players will have hard time to get capasity most likely amd is badly capasity restricted that Intel will keep 80% market share by selling 14nm cpus next 5 years, just because amd can not get enough capasity to get more than 20% of the market!

thGe17

Reputable
Sep 2, 2019
A 35W monster. Rather getting a bit brutal... can Intel keep pace? Next year Zen might make its way to 5nm. Ooof!
There will be no 5 nm in 2021. First products to use 5 nm are Zen4-based and these will be released in 2022.
And according to earlier leaks from GamersNexus, 2022 Zen-APUs will be based on something like "Zen3+" and therefore still use N7 or at best N6.

Reactions: Makaveli

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
Mobile Ryzen has been strong on the last few years. but OEM still prefer to sell intel. it's very hard to find a ryzen laptop. 95% of the new laptops are still on intel.

i hope this will change, but i think there is $$$$ behind this

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Mobile Ryzen has been strong on the last few years. but OEM still prefer to sell intel. it's very hard to find a ryzen laptop. 95% of the new laptops are still on intel.

i hope this will change, but i think there is $$$$ behind this
Assuming AMD is actually producing mobile CPU's, they aren't just sitting in a warehouse somewhere collecting dust. So if you can't find any, it means they are all being sold. That's not the fault of OEM's if AMD isn't producing enough.