[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen balanced minimum processor state 90%? problem with freeze at shutdown?

tzitzikas

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hi all. I have a pc with ryzen 5 3400g cpu. I noticed that minimum processor state is 90% at AMD Ryzen balanced plan. But in Windows balanced plan the minimum processor state is only 5%. The pc hove sometimes problem at shutdown. sometimes it stuck in blue monitor (shutdown monitor) and It needs hard reset then. So I think if minimum processor state at 90% overheat the cpu and if it is a reason for shutdown stuck (like freeze). I would like your opinion. I use the pc for office, aytocal (not games). It is good to try to set minimum processor state at 5%? Or this cause other problems? Thanks!

Solution
Hi all. I have a pc with ryzen 5 3400g cpu. I noticed that minimum processor state is 90% at AMD Ryzen balanced plan. But in Windows balanced plan the minimum processor state is only 5%. The pc hove sometimes problem at shutdown. sometimes it stuck in blue monitor (shutdown monitor) and It needs hard reset then. So I think if minimum processor state at 90% overheat the cpu and if it is a reason for shutdown stuck (like freeze). I would like your opinion. I use the pc for office, aytocal (not games). It is good to try to set minimum processor state at 5%? Or this cause other problems? Thanks!
Yes, CPU minimum at 5(or so)% lowers minimum CPU usage under base clock, great feature to limit heat in very low usage scenario. You can...
Yes, CPU minimum at 5(or so)% lowers minimum CPU usage under base clock, great feature to limit heat in very low usage scenario. You can change that in any power plan. It doesn't matter as they are all practically same, If you don't lower max CPU limit, there's no performance loss.
PS.
Max CPU at at 99% already lowers CPU frequency to it's base speed and up to 50% lowers it to minimum frequency a CPU could go not counting "Sleeping" cores.
What I practice is to have 2 Power plans, 1usmus Power plan https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html
with 100/5% and Ryzen PP with 50/5% and use https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/PowerPlanSwitcher.shtml for fast switch between them. Reason being is that for normal, everyday usage, 2200MHz maximum is more than enough, keeps temps to almost idle values and makes PC quiet as a mouse.

Last edited:
Solution