[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen Temperature

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hey guys

I've had my PC for about 7 months. I have an AMD Ryzen 3600X CPU and on light load the temperature is sitting at about 43-53 degrees. Is this normal?

I'm a big Sims 4 player and I've noticed the temperature spikes to about 65-75 degrees when playing, is this also safe?

Researching online states I should adjust my fan speed depending on the temperature in something called BIOS (this website I'm viewing says to change it to 30% speed from 0-30 degrees, 50% speed 30-40, 75% from 40-50 and anything about 50% change to 100% fan speed. Would you recommend this?

I'm a big computer noob so I have no idea if anything I'm saying is correct. Any help would be appreciated :D

Solution
Hey, that's what I was thinking.

My configuration is as shows: View: https://imgur.com/a/lBCpTRh

I have a Phanteks Eclipse p400a case, I have two fans along the top, one at the back and three at the front.

My room temp is pretty cold since it's winter and I have no heating, so I know that's not an issue.

I have a GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB.

This is everything I have in my case:

Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler​
Corsair Force Series MP510 240GB M.2 NVME SSD​
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM008 3.5in Hard Drive​
Corsair RM750x Gold 750W Power Supply​
Microsoft Windows...​
Hey guys

I've had my PC for about 7 months. I have an AMD Ryzen 3600X CPU and on light load the temperature is sitting at about 43-53 degrees. Is this normal?

I'm a big Sims 4 player and I've noticed the temperature spikes to about 65-75 degrees when playing, is this also safe?

Researching online states I should adjust my fan speed depending on the temperature in something called BIOS (this website I'm viewing says to change it to 30% speed from 0-30 degrees, 50% speed 30-40, 75% from 40-50 and anything about 50% change to 100% fan speed. Would you recommend this?

I'm a big computer noob so I have no idea if anything I'm saying is correct. Any help would be appreciated :D

Assuming you're using the stock cooler those temps are acceptable.

You can set a custom fan curve but those you list are too aggressive, a ryzen 8 core will be above 50c most of them time with anything over a 25% load.

100% fan speed for me would be unbearable under fairly light usage

Reactions: RodroX

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Assuming you're using the stock cooler those temps are acceptable.

You can set a custom fan curve but those you list are too aggressive, a ryzen 8 core will be above 50c most of them time with anything over a 25% load.

100% fan speed for me would be unbearable under fairly light usage
Hey! What do you mean by stock cooler? My PC has a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler installed which is located at the top of my case.

What do you recommend I set for my fan curves and how do I do this?

Hey! What do you mean by stock cooler? My PC has a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler installed which is located at the top of my case.

What do you recommend I set for my fan curves and how do I do this?

A h7 should be doing better than that really

Whats your case model and fan configuration?
And your ambient/room temps??

Regarding custom fan profiles it can be done using ryzen master.

However ita better done in bios or your motherboard own tuning software.

What motherboard are you using?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
A h7 should be doing better than that really

Whats your case model and fan configuration?
And your ambient/room temps??

Regarding custom fan profiles it can be done using ryzen master.

However ita better done in bios or your motherboard own tuning software.

What motherboard are you using?

I have a Phanteks Eclipse p400a case, I have two fans along the top, one at the back and three at the front.

My room temp is pretty cold since it's winter and I have no heating, so I know that's not an issue.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit P2 USB Drive​
MetallicGear Skiron D-RGB 120mm Fan​
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Wraith Spire​
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard​
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB​
Team T-Force Dark Za 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4​

Aug 15, 2020

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit P2 USB Drive​
MetallicGear Skiron D-RGB 120mm Fan​
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Wraith Spire​
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard​
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB​
Team T-Force Dark Za 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4​
Ok so, in order to adjust fan curve in Gigabyte BIOS, you have to smash delete key on startup and then the BIOS is gonna pop up.

Then you go to M.I.T section and there should be an option called Smart Fan 5 or something like that.

From there, IMPORTANT: change mode to Manual (the first setting only, the curve should turn red), then you can drag the dots to the amount of fan speed you want for each temperature value, by using SHIFT + arrows. I wouldn't suggest you to put in the values you mentioned at the beginning.

Maybe something like this would be more than enough:

30º - 20%
40º - 30%
50º - 40%
60º - 50%
70º - 65%
80º - 75%

Test it out, open your monitoring software, do normal actions you would do every day, and see if the temperatures are fine. Obviously it can be improved.

Solution
That top mounted fan that sits just in front of the cpu cooler is likely actually makimg cpu temps worse.

It will be fighting with the cpu fan for air, a lotnof people don't realise this, top mounts are generally for aio rads.

Either remove it (recommended), or at least swap it round to an intake if you must have the leds lit up.

Your h7 fan will work more efficiently either of those ways than it is now.

Reactions: RodroX
Aug 15, 2020
That top mounted fan that sits just in front of the cpu cooler is likely actually makimg cpu temps worse.

It will be fighting with the cpu fan for air, a lotnof people don't realise this, top mounts are generally for aio rads.

Either remove it (recommended), or at least swap it round to an intake if you must have the leds lit up.

Now that you say this... Completely unrelated, but I have a custom cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition) and then two fans exhausting: one on top and the other one on the back, just next to the cooler.

Is it ok like this or should I move the back fan to front and have 2 intake and 1 exhaust?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019

So if I was looking at the computer from front on, you would recommend I remove the first fan from the front on the top? I've circled the one I think you're suggesting in the photo.
View: https://imgur.com/a/hjPtqEI

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Ok so, in order to adjust fan curve in Gigabyte BIOS, you have to smash delete key on startup and then the BIOS is gonna pop up.

Then you go to M.I.T section and there should be an option called Smart Fan 5 or something like that.

From there, IMPORTANT: change mode to Manual (the first setting only, the curve should turn red), then you can drag the dots to the amount of fan speed you want for each temperature value, by using SHIFT + arrows. I wouldn't suggest you to put in the values you mentioned at the beginning.

30º - 20%
40º - 30%
50º - 40%
60º - 50%
70º - 65%
80º - 75%

Test it out, open your monitoring software, do normal actions you would do every day, and see if the temperatures are fine. Obviously it can be improved.
No worries, I'll give this a try. Thank you!

Now that you say this... Completely unrelated, but I have a custom cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition) and then two fans exhausting: one on top and the other one on the back, just next to the cooler.

Is it ok like this or should I move the back fan to front and have 2 intake and 1 exhaust?

Always 2 intake, 1 exhaust if you have the capacity to fit that setup.

Reactions: ElSerra
So if I was looking at the computer from front on, you would recommend I remove the first fan from the front on the top? I've circled the one I think you're suggesting in the photo.
View: https://imgur.com/a/hjPtqEI
Sorry to but in but:
Turn that fan as intake and try like that.
If you are using auto boost and PBO, you need to keep temps under 70c for best performance. To get that fan needs to hit top speed at or before that point

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Sorry to but in but:
Turn that fan as intake and try like that.
If you are using auto boost and PBO, you need to keep temps under 70c for best performance. To get that fan needs to hit top speed at or before that point
When you say “intake”, I just want to clarify, you mean completely turn the fan around (so upside down to what it is now)? Is that what you mean? So I’m just flipping the fan?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019

30º - 20%
40º - 30%
50º - 40%
60º - 50%
70º - 65%
80º - 75%

I just wanted to check with this - I managed to find the area, I found a grid with the numbers 1-5 that go upwards in a line. The first one was on 19. Is this the one I change to 30? And then number 2 becomes 40 degrees, so on and so on?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019