AMD Ships Half Billionth x86 CPU; Win a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarnail24

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I thought they would give away some super high performance desktop with crossfireX and super duper liquid cooling. But oh well a cheap laptop is not worth making a twitter account.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I also hate all these social websites. That is actually a slick looking laptop tho, what are the specs on it?

Area51

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
AMD wants you to come over to myspace so they can twitter your yahoo til you google all over their facebook. Then maybe you would like them enough to buy their CPU :)

methal

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
...and for AMD's birthday you could win one of the -if not THE POOREST built laptops in the history of earth.

i see 10-15 of these less than a year old all with the same dead Mobo.

But happy B-day AMD. now turn out a intel killing cpu soon.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Area51[/nom]AMD wants you to come over to myspace so they can twitter your yahoo til you google all over their facebook. Then maybe you would like them enough to buy their CPU[/citation]
Lol, this is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]I'm so sick of all this Twitter, Facebook and My Space crap![/citation]
No further comment

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Ugh... I was going to sign up for the contest until I saw the word "Twitter" in the article. I almost punched my friend once when he kept talking about how he "tweets" or "twats" or whatever its called.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Hey now! Nothing wrong with twats, be use nicer language.

Screw twitters... but its not much different from here. Oh yeah, like we have nothing more to do with our bloody celphones?!

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I hate twitter. Is the stupidest page/service ever created. Still it doesnt change the fact that some people are like sheep, and they'll do whatever media/ads tells them to do.

delecti

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
lolz... it is always good to see others think the same as myself.

All this social bs is simply because all the newb pc users have finally figured out how to use the net. -just like most of us did back in the 90s... making websites... not spitting out tweets..
What is funny though to me... twitter is nothing more than a phreaking shoutbox... that has been on every one of my sites for years. Before that... IRC. perhaps all these people will see IRC as the next "new" tech... heh

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
What's twitter/facebook?

JK. Point is, a low chance at winning one of the only 4 crappy low end OEM laptops is sooo not worth giving my information away to crap companies like facebook/twitter for. Plus I gotta spend time giving away all that information! *sigh* I'm turning from green to blue...

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Area51[/nom]AMD wants you to come over to myspace so they can twitter your yahoo til you google all over their facebook. Then maybe you would like them enough to buy their CPU[/citation]

then after you win, deactivate all them accounts!

cichy69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
whats up with all that twitter stuff everywhere.. like its a part of everyones life.

...What about rest of us AMD users, don't we get a chance to play??

This is simply sad. Someone else has already said this, but I am reiterating it again...twitter, facebook, myspace, yourspace, ourspace, whatever your face-space. The 13 year old girls can have it all to themselves.
The rest of us are not interested.
And oh yes, 500 million processors and they are giving away four (4), did I read that right, 4 cheap laptops? Whoop-tee-flippin-do.
This is enough of a slap in the face to a loyal AMD user to make me want to take my AMD based PC out in the yard, beat it to pieces with a sledge hammer, and start all over with an Intel processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.