[SOLVED] AMD Smart Access Memory performance gains - Any update?

Mar 23, 2021
The March 2021 GPU benchmarks post indicates that the test bed was an Intel I9 - 9900K processor.
Since the 20Nov2020 post on AMD working to port Smart Access Memory to NVIDIA, I have been unable to locate any updates to indicate progress/success. This begs the question of whether the GPU rankings of the AMD 6000 series cards would be effected by the use of a Ryzen 5000 CPU.
Any information would be appreciated.

Mar 23, 2021
Certainly interesting; however, I was referring to the AMD vs. NVIDIA situation.
The latest AMD 5000 series CPU's are out-performing INTEL 10th generation offerings for gaming, and with NVIDIA's resizable BAR tech not yet available (as far as I can find), Smart Access Memory might possibly push AMD 6000 series GPU's into the performance top place for non-ray tracing applications.
Of course updating a GPU at the moment is difficult thanks to limited supply, so it may come down to simply whatever upgrade I can source.

Reactions: Bassman999

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Certainly interesting; however, I was referring to the AMD vs. NVIDIA situation.
The latest AMD 5000 series CPU's are out-performing INTEL 10th generation offerings for gaming, and with NVIDIA's resizable BAR tech not yet available (as far as I can find), Smart Access Memory might possibly push AMD 6000 series GPU's into the performance top place for non-ray tracing applications.
Of course updating a GPU at the moment is difficult thanks to limited supply, so it may come down to simply whatever upgrade I can source.
My quest was for an RTX 3080, but after 4 months I settled for RX 6800
Im s till looking for a good deal on a 080 or to trade PS5 and or series x xbox for one and sell my 6800
I need to do a bios update to enable resizable bar and see if there are any differences.
Im just now downloading games.
So fa the Witcher 3 getting about 275fps average 1080p
I need a gaming monitor too lol. New build and buying all new stuff slowly.
I wasnt able to turn on RT in Cyberpunk for some reason and Im researching that