AMD still using the integrated graphics instead of the other graphic card.

motionfrog

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
Hello!
I'm having an ASUS notebook which has an AMD APU A10-9600P (which has integrated R5 Graphics in the CPU) and a switchable graphic cards R6 M435DX.

I'm confused about the switchable graphics and how to switch them. There's no additional settings in my AMD Crimson Relive (using ver 17.7.2 atm) like the other versions on the internet.
I set up the gaming profile in the amd software, added my games.
The problem is there is no additional settings / Catalyst Control Center in the driver version atm.

So I tried to play F1 2014 game, looked for the switchable graphics option in my amd software and here's what happened:
LA8wdUc.png

the game still running using the R5 Graphics instead of R6 (as it shown in the screenshot above).
Then I tried to play GTA IV, went to the graphic settings, it says that my graphic memory is approximately 400-500 MB of memory (which is the R5 Graphic with 512 MB memory).

Any suggestion of how to switch between them to play some games in my notebook? Thank You :)

Solution

Downgrade is not too effective for me, so i tried to install the latest version of the driver after I cleaned my notebook with DDU (guru3d display driver uninstaller) and disable the windows driver enforcement. After the clean installation, i set up my pc to high performance, and in the amd software too, i set up the high performance settings. It works somehow. The solution is to clean uninstall my...

fl0x

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Have you plugged your HDMI/VGA/DVI to your graphics card directly or is it plugged into your motherboard? For your GPU to work you need to plug the HDMI/VGA/DVI cable to ur GPU then to ur monitor.

fl0x

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

My bad,
are you sure that the R6 is turned on and working? As i see it at the top of the screenshot but are the fans running etc. As this happened with my 960, it was getting recognized but it wasn't actually working which it turned out to be a faulty one.

motionfrog

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Nah, don't sure about that. How do i check it? Any suggestion from ur experience? Thank you ;)

I dont know why, but how about downgrade my driver software to the older version? Which is has additional options (catalyst cntrl center) in it..

fl0x

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

It's worth a try to downgrade, see if it works.

And from my experience i have a pc so i can just take a look inside the box at any time but i saw that only one out of the two fans were working and the other one wouldn't turn on, so i emailed the customer service and they told me it's probably faulty so they sent me a new one.

motionfrog

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Downgrade is not too effective for me, so i tried to install the latest version of the driver after I cleaned my notebook with DDU (guru3d display driver uninstaller) and disable the windows driver enforcement. After the clean installation, i set up my pc to high performance, and in the amd software too, i set up the high performance settings. It works somehow. The solution is to clean uninstall my driver software with ddu, disable the windows driver enforcement, and install it with the new one.

Solution