AMD Stock Continues To Skyrocket After Zen Launch, Up 330 Percent This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title made me do a double take "AMD Stock Continues To Skyrocket After Zen Launch". Did I miss the Zen Launch? Nope, it hasn't launched just some specs were released. Definitely an inaccurate title for the article.

Other than that it is good to see AMD getting some love we all need a strong and growing AMD to keep Intel and Nvidia progressing and prices competitive.

PaulAlcorn

Managing Editor: News and Emerging Technology
Editor
Feb 24, 2015

Thanks for pointing that out, we amended the title.

Im still soured with AMD with the Sapphire 295x2 customer no service experience. Ive supported AMD for the last decade hard core to lose a butt load of money on that crappy sapphire product.

I hope AMD does do well. I'll begin to use their products in customers builds and my media center setup again if they do but with caution.

Neoku

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
The AMD stock grow but when AMD launch new products the stock is very few and the prices very high, this news are only smoke.

My thoughts exactly. With no real copyright and patent protections in place in China, it will be no time China will have its own cpu manufacturing facilities using AMDs designs for their own government use and/or to sell to compete with AMD and Intel.

about China,
They can't simply start making CPU's and sell them worldwide. The deal is very specific. They could attempt to do so illegally but I don't know how many they could actually sell through channels.

Neoku

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
AMD cant manufacture many units of their products, then their low stocks dont affect very much the market.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
@ memadmax

Phucking 'ell, I should change my username to crystal ball - I saw this move coming from miles away.

China usually hacks / steals any technology it needs, and I suspect Intel was no 'soft target' for their intellectual property desires & needs.

Thus something like this AMD agreement was inevitable. With AMD being on the back foot so long, they need the money.

It does irk me that it is China they are partnering with, but I can see it from their point of view, whether I agree with it, or not.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32247532

Comradskii

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
At the very least, this will finally get Intel to actually get off their asses and compete. They have not had to really change anything for the past 5 years. Competition is healthy for everyone involved. AMD needs to do their best while fighting a two front war.

seadrive

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I did a big head turn as well. I hope this promised architecture is true; however, over the last 10 years I have heard several things pertaining to a huge, competitive improvement, yet what's on paper does not always transfer well with real life tests. Nevertheless, I love competition and there's room for improvement on AMD's side. Customers should buy AMD because they are highly competitive products, not to defend them from Goliath(intel).

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2nd fiddle doesn't make the big bucks. Ever. Zen's reported 40% gain in single thread performance over the prior Vishera still only brings it up to about Haswell levels, and Intel has already surpassed that and is working on even more. What AMD needed to do was increase the Vishera 100% and top skylake by a good margin. This would allow AMD to command the prices Intel cpu's charge now, and be in demand, not settled for at a discounted price in a budget build.

It's not a competition, hasn't been for years, its been nothing more than a schoolyard lesson in domination with AMD picking up the scraps.

As it stands, I don't see AMD stock prices as anything more than a little overzealous speculation by ppl more interested in the next generation Playstation

Status
Not open for further replies.