AMD Taunts Nvidia in new Ad: The Fixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTesla

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
The first one with the nvidia card wasn’t funny or good

BUT

The second one which is animated was really good, a nice mix of Tron, Star Wars and Warhammer 40k :)

The last one was bad until the very last line, now that was funny

Summery : Nr 2 was really good and maybe they should make a whole movie about it, that was good stuff.

jrstriker12

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Thought the first one was sort of funny... but hold on, isn't AMD the one offering game bundles with their cards as an incentive?

Second one had cool graphics toldme APUs have 4 cores but not impressed. Might have been impreessed if that was rendered in real time on an APU.

3rd one...not funny.

Wish AMD would hurry up a release some new high end CPUs and new GPU's instead of mocking Nvidia who's eating their lunch right now

In "The Fixer" AMD is practically opening themselves up for a lawsuit by making claims they can't back up.

The "NVidia" card prevents his system from starting?
AMD is "the choice" for desktops? (sure consoles but that's a different story)

While "Never Settle" is a great deal, that's due to trying to remain competitive and AMD is simply hurting on all fronts financially.

Let's not forget that NVIDIA's new GTX700 series has minimal microstutter so SLI is the way to go and AMD has nothing at the GTX780 level.

Commercials which rib competition can be funny, but AMD crossed the line into the territory of basically LYING and that isn't funny.

I don't think buying and giving away games to get market penetration pays off in the long run.... those dollars come outta their own pocket and less resources means less money to pay R & D, less money to pay programmers and less money to stem the exodus of top management.

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
why would a company that makes budget, comprising garbage declare "never settle" as their slogan? a distant second in a two horse race

Jun 26, 2013
That's messed up, man! Who's their target demographic, anyway, guys planning to shoot all their classmates?

I buy Nvidia for me and the numerous machines I advise my friends about; now I'm definitely staying. Nvidia marketing is unethical, but it's not THIS screwed up. It'd be enough to make me abandon AMD CPUs too, if Intel wasn't worse than Microsoft.

-faye

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
The first commercial is a joke that's done too many times, and was never a good one to begin with. I only see people try too hard with this one.

Second one was interesting, but was mostly eye candy. The action was nice, but really didn't tell you anything.

The third reminded me of those idiotic Progressive insurance commercials, which have nothing to do with the actual product/service.

Although I'm thinking too critically of this. When was the last time I actually saw any commercial that told me stuff compared to the competitor? I can't even remember.

As with most commercials anywhere, their demographic are those who are uniformed/misinformed. As I tell everyone, research what you are buying--it pays off.

jbc029

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Meh to all three. Nvidia has finally made themselves relevant again with their kepler rebranding and price cuts. AMD needs to deliver something fairly soon. Before the 650 boost, 760 and 770, there literally was no reason to buy a green card between $150 and 300$ and only a 670 if you somehow managed to miss one of the zillion 7970 sales everywhere at the time.

Now, the 680(770) is where it always should have been, displacing both the 670 and 7970. The 660ti has been put out to pasture, along with 7870xt and 7950 for the most part. Watching carefully will still net you a 7870 Ghz for about $10 more than a 660, so that one is still worth it, but that's *ALL* AMD has going for it. It's hardware can't carry the day anymore.

If you already have a couple of the games in the AMD bundle, the hardware and price can't make a compelling enough argument to buy red.

twinshadow

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I like all 3 AMD is just trying to bring some personality to this boring desktop market so relax, its not like if AMD did release their new Cards Nvidia will not lower their prices b/c they dont see AMD as a treat just like Intel. Just look at the 680 Prices

Dextron

Honorable
May 18, 2013
I liked the second one quite a lot but it got me thinking - shouldn't they spend less time and resources on ads and more working on their products?

You would have thought so but then they have so many fanatic spreading BS on the forums maybe they feel that they don't have to.

G

The videos are witty and all, but it's not going to keep them afloat. AMD's only saving graces were it's historically better price to performance ratio and it's game bundle, but now since Nvidia holds the price to performance title as well as better drivers and support, AMD can't expect that propaganda and their Never Settle bundle (while good) will keep them afloat. They need to release their next generation cards.

adimeister

Honorable
Great marketing AMD! Everyone says they are the number one, this company says it's the best among the rest. While other companies they are also the best. hahaha It's just all marketing guys, don't make such a big deal about it. AMD or NVidia fans, whichever side you are, it's just all for fun. Enjoy it and stick with your brand. No need to try and convert your opposition. lol

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
So much hate here. Can't all the nvidia fanbois just enjoy humor where they can find it. I back AMD GPU's 100% because I take price/performance over stability. Different people have different priorities. I have a degree in computer science, in turn I don't mind, nay somewhat enjoy tweaking my drivers after a new update. (All be it bad I have to) I'd take a few hours out of every other update vs a steep premium for an nvidia card. Likewise I accept that people chose nvidia for just that reason, they either don't know, or don't care to spend time working with the hardware, they just want a plug and play experience. Too each their own. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS