News AMD to Bundle Far Cry 6 with Ryzen 5000 Processors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
What?! Why not this?

AMD should drop the price of the affected CPUs by $50. This is not fair for people who don't give a rats ass about PC gaming.

I have ZERO use for this, or any other game. Take it for what it is, a freebie on the side. Want it, great, don't want it? ignore it.

First world problems and all that...
:rolleyes:

(yes, I did create an account just to say this... because it's late and I need to kill two minutes while my code compiles. Can't wait for that Ryzen 5000 cpu!)

Actually the keys they are offering wont cost them $50 it would be anything from $2-$5 ... so thats the discount to expect if they offer it in cashback.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
what you want has been done before

Veterans remembers fondly of the never settle pack !
still have Alien Isolation, sleeping dogs, tomb raider in my library, from this pack :) i bought 2x MSI 290x lightning at the time, with my first custom loop. good times.

(except i really regret not choosing the Star Citizen starter pack with the AMD ship. it's a very expensive collector now, silly me, i already pledged at that time so i figured i didn't need it)

NSF-Bundle.jpg

Reactions: Avro Arrow

Quaddro

Distinguished
How else will key resellers stay in business?

Though on a more serious note, "value-added" goodies like these are there as gateway items. Companies will do this if they think that giving away something will help bolster their sales of their stuff. Considering that Steam is ubiquitous in PC gaming and it's not a matter of if, but when you'll buy something from them, Valve doesn't really have a reason to give things away for the purposes of hoping you'll buy more from them in the future.

Besides, you might be forced to use Steam anyway.
Yeah, maybe they should give free meal coupon for $50 rather than just a game..

Reactions: hotaru.hino

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
You know why Epic is willing to funnel in money to give games for free on their store? It's so people will stick around to buy games from their store. But that tactic may hurt them more in the long run when people simply expect Epic to shove free games out every month.

Hell, I only made an Epic games account just to snag free titles that they release on there that I am interested in, but don't really feel like shelling out the cash for. I have several games from them and have so far spent 0 dollars. At least in my case, their attempt to rope me in to get me to spend money on the platform has just resulted in me receiving nothing but free games from them.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
AMD should bundle Steam cards for $50 worth game and let us choose the game we want. this is not fair for people who already own the game or dont like it.
Coulda', woulda, shoulda...;) Not to worry since the game isn't out yet and so chances anyone has it are nil. This is the way bundles work--AMD buys the software and makes bundles with it--it's up to the user whether the bundle is appealing. Personally, I buy the product and don't much care whether the bundled software is any good or not.

Hell, I only made an Epic games account just to snag free titles that they release on there that I am interested in, but don't really feel like shelling out the cash for. I have several games from them and have so far spent 0 dollars. At least in my case, their attempt to rope me in to get me to spend money on the platform has just resulted in me receiving nothing but free games from them.
I've bought 3-4 games on epic and my library has over 50 games.
They actually gave away EVERY batman arkham game, GTA 5, just cause 4- A lot of triple A stuff, for free. I owned alot already from steam but there's alot I never played but now own. Highly recommend everyone to have the epic launcher just for the free games, even if you don't play them you can always gift your account to someone.

AMD should bundle Steam cards for $50 worth game and let us choose the game we want. this is not fair for people who already own the game or dont like it.
How are we supposed to take a complaint that is absurdly infantile from someone who has repeatedly shown themselves to be a raving Intel fanboy?
So AMD is indicating that their new best CPUs aren't attractive enough to entice buyers on their own without including promotions? LOL
Yes, clearly! :giggle:

Joking aside, I think that AMD is responding to the complaints from people about the prices being hiked and the cooling fans either not being included or downgraded from the previous generation.

what you want has been done before

Veterans remembers fondly of the never settle pack !
still have Alien Isolation, sleeping dogs, tomb raider in my library, from this pack :) i bought 2x MSI 290x lightning at the time, with my first custom loop. good times.

(except i really regret not choosing the Star Citizen starter pack with the AMD ship. it's a very expensive collector now, silly me, i already pledged at that time so i figured i didn't need it)

NSF-Bundle.jpg
You know, a "Never Settle" bundle prompted me to get my two HD 7970. It was when the HD 7970 was being re-branded as the R9 280X but if you chose a card marked "HD 7970" you got three free games (same card so I didn't care...LOL). Since I wanted to play Arma III, I needed TWO HD 7970s so I got SIX games. I chose Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Saint's Row IV, Sleeping Dogs and Far Cry 3.
90e7-nslevelup2.jpg

To this day, I still love Saint's Row IV. I still almost piss myself laughing at some of the things that happen in it.

Well, I have been waiting for this game with baited breath. However, I already have an R5-3600X so an upgrade for me won't be in the cards for a few years.

This reminds me of an old Alpine car audio commercial. It said:
"An Alpine audio system comes standard in every Lamborghini Diablo. Of course, you can save a little money if you buy it.....separately."
That pretty much sums it up, eh? :LOL:

Apr 7, 2021
So after 6 months i finaly got my 5900X boxed and installed it thinking yaaay now lets claim Far cry 6 and play the heck out of it BUT now i am reading that i cant use the game-key or get anything in return..... AMD gotta say shame on you if you promise me a goody then give me a goody such a shame (i placed my order on november the 5th)

So after 6 months i finaly got my 5900X boxed and installed it thinking yaaay now lets claim Far cry 6 and play the heck out of it BUT now i am reading that i cant use the game-key or get anything in return..... AMD gotta say shame on you if you promise me a goody then give me a goody such a shame (i placed my order on november the 5th)
Games not out! Haven't even seen gameplay

Apr 7, 2021
Hopefully AMD corrects this. Rumor is that game will release in late May -- it was originally supposed to launch in February or something but then got delayed.
i hope so i do like the games and thus i wana play it but i dont wana "double" buy it (i know it was a gift but still it feels the same after paying 600€ for my cpu bundled with this game)