AMD Touts Mobile Success, Questions Tablet Opportunity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]The comments from the CEO don't really surprise me. It reminds me of when you see NFL coaches answering questions at a post game press conference. You almost never hear them be completely honest and say. "Well, the quarterback threw 4 interceptions and our line let him be sacked 5 times. In other words, our offence sucks and we probably shouldn't be playing in this league." So many people are so worried about being politically correct that a lot of truth gets lost along the way. People should just be more honest simply on the basis of clarity, I'm not sure what the CEO was trying to say either, except deftly avoiding any unpleasantness.[/citation]
Makes him sound like a politician, I suppose.

Tablets are rather overpriced in general, so if they're outselling laptops, it can't be too bad for the manufacturers.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hey Tom's, where you lost my post, and why I need to log in 10+ times today to be able to post?

And my original post was:

Where it's said that a company should gain equally on all market segments?
Bulldozer architecture based CPUs are pretty promising in the server segment /a profitable market/ and all APUs are pretty good in the mobile /another profitable one/. And /sorry to say that but/ a company's business is business, not the amusement of the desktop enthusiasts :).

G

"Because tablets are outselling netbooks by quite a lot right now. "

Take the Apple factor out of that, and no they are not selling well. Netbooks, were just another worthless fashion trend as much as tablets are. Meanwhile, AMD is focusing on established products that will be around for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.