AMD Trinity On The Desktop: A10, A8, And A6 Get Benchmarked!

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mugiebahar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
AMD is back where it counts. I have an Intel machine @ work so im no hater. And my Mac air is intel, but I'd love my next air to have AMD w Retina display. If I need a serious work done I have a CPU w/ dedicated gpu which is the best. I don't alway need the fastest in my air, so this would even out the video discrepancies (not that intel hasn't done a good job) but this old be better in my opinion.

amd-apple-bed-ogrady.png

There have been rumors of an incestuous AMD/Apple relationship that just won't go away, especially when OpenCL/GL is used as lubricant.

Did AMD take a bite out of Intel's forbidden Apple? from ZDNet.

A 17-watt Trinity, or its soon-to-be baby brother, Kaveri, could be an i-crazy something quite easily.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
So trinity can run games better than our current gen consoles? Wow. I know consoles are 7 year old hardware, but this absolutely shows consoles need to be refreshed and soon.

drinvis

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Chris Angelini,
Can you please clarify some of my doubts regarding photoshop cs6.
Does all the functions where OpenCL is implemeneted in photoshop cs6 do well on both amd a10 5800k
and intel i3 3220/25.Or does the IGP of trinity has some advantage?
Regardless,I think all the functions where OpenGL is used/implemented I think the
a10 5800k would be better in performance.Please correct me if I am wrong.

G

I would appreciate it if you could test the A10-5700 too and compare the power consumption and the temperature with the A10-5800K and the A8-5500.

Greetings from Germany :)

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Good call - is the 65W badge just a gimmick or is it really a binned part that simply performs better for the same amount of power?[/citation]

It probably just doesn't Turbo like the 5800K does and has lower voltage.

izayaorihara

Honorable
May 28, 2012
And when I say Comparison to Intel's, I mean using a very similar same setup just like all the GPU benchmarks. Don't use the onboard 7660.

[citation][nom]izayaorihara[/nom]Still waiting on a comparison to Intel's in terms of gaming. Everyone here seems to no want to try that for some reason...[/citation]

[citation][nom]izayaorihara[/nom]And when I say Comparison to Intel's, I mean using a very similar same setup just like all the GPU benchmarks. Don't use the onboard 7660.[/citation]

If you go that way, then it'd also only be fair to include overclocking benchmarks since Trinity overclocks well. There actually are a few sites that did tests of Trinity with discrete cards, but most didn't test very many games in their reviews with discrete gaming performance. The Trinity A10-5800K performs almost on-par with the FX-4170 and FX-4300, but just ever so slightly behind them on average.

Also, nitpicking here, but the GPU is on-die, not on-board.

Status
Not open for further replies.