AMD Triples Black Friday, Cyber Monday CPU Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

East17

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
300 % increase ?!

Ouch ... that will hurt for Intel.

Qualcomm is also taking a bite of server and mobile markets ...

Competition is soooo good!

I just hope Intel's illegal tactics and bribes will finally be challenged by authorities in USA and more and more countries : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Good for consumers, but temporarily reducing prices to sell more product means lower margins. I would bet it hurt AMD a lot more than Intel.

berezini.2013

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
All lies. I have seen new egg's website selling that garbage of cpu and it never went out of stock while all the intel based products where "sold out".

Shumok

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Berezini.2013....Now Now..I wouldn't call Kaby Lake garbage. It's true that Ryzen is far superior overall, but Kaby Lake is still good for playing games and casual use. Fortunately for Intel, Coffee Lake provides decent competition to Ryzen, strengthening the lead for the extreme high cost enthusiast gaming niche while closing the gap in productivity work. Unfortunately for Intel, AMD's superior Ryzen architecture is easier to produce in the yields and numbers needed.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
AMD going from a "minute" to "small" share doesn't hurt Intel much.

1. To me it's unclear if Berezini with "garbage" refer to Kaby Lake or Ryzen. (Neither is garbage in my view.)
2. While Kaby Lake "Core" processors is by no means a "bad" series of CPUs, it's clear that at the current pricing Coffee Lake provide better value (if ignoring the fact that only Z370 boards are available).

Kourgath223

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016

It seems obvious to me that Berezini was calling Ryzen garbage but Shumok decided to use the fact that Berezini didn't actually state what they consider to be garbage to act as if Berezini was referring to Kaby Lake as garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS