[SOLVED] AMD VEGA 56 driver always crashes during installation

Aug 27, 2019
i just got the MSI Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Air Boost 8G OC and everytime i try to instal the driver for it the screen starts to blinking, going from tv static to just black in the middle of the installation and stays like that even after i reset the pc so have to to go to safe mode and use AMD DDu to remove it , it reaches half of the loading bar then it just gives up

this is my pc:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($195.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($22.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Air Boost 8G OC Video Card ($317.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $680.76
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x4fPyX

what ive tried:
1 older driver
2 older bios
3 older windows
4 intallling in windows safe mode
5 downloading from msi website (instead of amd)
6 installing without the chipset driver
7 installing the driver using windows device manager
8 using third party driver manager (iobit driver manager)
9 tried ubuntu, but it doesnt have basic display driver so it wouldnt run
10 changing tdr delay in windows registry
11 enabling pagefile
12 limiting the pc to pcie gen 1

i did all of those in a clean windows install of windows and after each test i had to go to safe mode and use DDU to uninstall the driver, im using both ddu from amd and from guru3d
please any help or sugestion would be apreciated

Solution
I have the suspicion your RAM is not configured correctly and making the PC have random errors while installing stuff.

Try setting it to safe values and see if anything changes.

Cheers!