AMD Vs Intel (Fx8150 vs i5 2500k

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
passmark isn't exactly fake, its a pure synthetic test, pretty much in line with sisoft sandra results

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-14.html

I think my post was misinterpreted, this is not a 'Which is better' thread, My question was directed towards the performance of the two compared as software evolves. How will they compare in a year? Two years?

no one will ever know because the only cpus to be tested over and over are Intel. Look at how many times SB has been reviewed since its release, and with BD FX, we have day 1 results and ... thats pretty much it. Toms doesn't even do SBM builds with AMD chips to show wether or not software is starting to take advantage of it.

However, it still uses 1, 2, 3, 4 before using the others.... On linux Ubuntu (newest version and maybe the one before it) it's properly optimised though.

actually not anymore. This is what Skyrim does nowdays.

28aqi6h.png

Definately a cpu bottleneck ... somehow at 40% per core.