Amd wraith prism montage

Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys. I'm having a problem trying to mount a Wraith Prism cooler.. I bought a Ryzen processor and an AM4 Mainboard from a guy, along with a Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 cpu cooler. Now, the mobo came with the backplate from the Be Quiet cooler, and I can install it without any problem. However, it is too big and I can't close my case. I bought a Wraith Prism cooler to replace it. Now, my problem is that I did not get the screws I need to install the Wraith Prism cooler. I have the original screws for the backplate, these plastic things that the cooler is supossed to hold onto at the front, the only thing that I miss are those screws at the front, which keep those plastic brackets in place. Do you have any idea how I could replace those ? Or how I could mount the Wraith Prism without those screws ? I put a photo down here that's showing which plastic brackets and screws I mean

https://imgur.com/gTFQL1K

Solution
My suggestion would be to return the wraith cooler and buy a bigger case so you can use the BeQuiet cooler. It's about twice as effective as the Wraith cooler. How much did the Wraith cooler cost you and did you buy it new?

If you are not willing to get a bigger case then I'd contact the motherboard manufacturer and tell them that you need to purchase the OEM style backing plate and cooler mounting hardware. OR, likely, just about any PC repair shop will probably have a stock mounting bracket and backing plate they'd be willing to give you, or sell you for pretty cheap.

Or, you could just buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/PartsCollection-Retention-Bracket-Cooling-Mounting/dp/B07C2BXDQM

But a better, larger case and the use of the...
My suggestion would be to return the wraith cooler and buy a bigger case so you can use the BeQuiet cooler. It's about twice as effective as the Wraith cooler. How much did the Wraith cooler cost you and did you buy it new?

If you are not willing to get a bigger case then I'd contact the motherboard manufacturer and tell them that you need to purchase the OEM style backing plate and cooler mounting hardware. OR, likely, just about any PC repair shop will probably have a stock mounting bracket and backing plate they'd be willing to give you, or sell you for pretty cheap.

Or, you could just buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/PartsCollection-Retention-Bracket-Cooling-Mounting/dp/B07C2BXDQM

But a better, larger case and the use of the BeQuiet cooler, along with returning the Wraith cooler, would be a lot better in the long run.

Solution
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, i'll probably just get the set you recommended me if I don't find a way to replace those screws. I'm gonna be honest, and I'll say that i really like the rgb lighting of the Wraith Prism and that's pretty much why I bought it. I only paid 20 Euros for it (Which is like $25). I also won't overclock my Ryzen 5 1600 and if I ever will i'll probably buy an AIO. For now i just wanted the rgb lights. Thanks for the answer !

Pretty lights can NEVER replace the performance of a good cooler. The AMD Wraith is the best stock cooler there has ever been, but in regard to high TDP CPUs, that isn't saying much. There are a lot of better ways to add lighting that won't cause you to lose anything elsewhere.

It is however a decent placeholder until you can get a bigger, better case and utilize the BeQuiet unit.