News AMD X670/B650 Motherboard Overview: 20-Plus Motherboards for AM5

Sep 24, 2022
Your diagram shows DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.0. There is no way that is correct. HDMI 2.0 is history and AMD has said that there will be DP 2.0 on 7000 boards.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
Price is everything. This overview is worthless to me without the price list.

Not interested in AM5, but I can tell you if I was I would get the cheapest/most basic/ugly board with the best VRM / MEM OC because everything else is too much.

I payed ~300$ for my x570 Aorus Master board. This was my first premium mid range board and really happy with it.

AM5 platform has a huge problem... cost
Having to spend 300$+ on premium ddr5 kit to get to 62ns latency.... that's just hilarious !

Reactions: thisisaname

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Where are all the little un's? I'd love me a brand new x670e mini-ITX, specced to the gills w/ connectivity.
Anus has one listed.

The "ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI"

Looks neat if thats your thing. When the desktop APU's come out for ITX, I might be interested in upgrading my secondary / backup PC as that has no need for a beefy GPU, but I have always seen the appeal, but have never needed to save such a small amount of space at the expense of money, upgradability, temperatures and noise for a gaming system. Each to their own.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Price is everything. This overview is worthless to me without the price list.

Not interested in AM5, but I can tell you if I was I would get the cheapest/most basic/ugly board with the best VRM / MEM OC because everything else is too much.

I payed ~300$ for my x570 Aorus Master board. This was my first premium mid range board and really happy with it.

AM5 platform has a huge problem... cost
Having to spend 300$+ on premium ddr5 kit to get to 62ns latency.... that's just hilarious !
Price and availability are the things for me, no good the board being cheap if you can not buy it due to lack of availability.

Anus has one listed.

The "ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI"

Looks neat if thats your thing. When the desktop APU's come out for ITX, I might be interested in upgrading my secondary / backup PC as that has no need for a beefy GPU, but I have always seen the appeal, but have never needed to save such a small amount of space at the expense of money, upgradability, temperatures and noise for a gaming system. Each to their own.

Who has one listed? Lol