[SOLVED] AMD XFX RX 570 8 GB version Overclock

Oct 4, 2019
Hello, i have a AMD XFX RX 570 8 GB version and i want to overclock it

original memory clock: 1750
original gpu clock: 1286

help me pls, i will vote the best answer as the best answer! Tnx a lot!

Solution
Read this guide on how to use AMD WattMan utility (already installed on your PC inside the AMD driver suite).

For monitoring, WattMan has a stat graph at the top, but I like to use GPUz

With AMD Polaris GPUs (like yours), overclocking is all about staying away from the power limit. Power limit throttling will generally kick in around...1250mV or so. If you need/want to go higher than that, you'll need to increase the "power limit %" to allow higher voltages. Simply sticking to "Auto" voltages will see you run into power limits almost immediately. Setting manual voltages (AMD WattMan is the best for this) allows you to keep voltages as low as possible while still being stable (which also keeps heat/noise to a minimum)...
Read this guide on how to use AMD WattMan utility (already installed on your PC inside the AMD driver suite).

With AMD Polaris GPUs (like yours), overclocking is all about staying away from the power limit. Power limit throttling will generally kick in around...1250mV or so. If you need/want to go higher than that, you'll need to increase the "power limit %" to allow higher voltages. Simply sticking to "Auto" voltages will see you run into power limits almost immediately. Setting manual voltages (AMD WattMan is the best for this) allows you to keep voltages as low as possible while still being stable (which also keeps heat/noise to a minimum) and gives you more frequency headroom.

Each chip is different ("silicon lottery") but you could try and shoot for 1400MHz @ ~1150mV core clock. Sounds like around 1500MHz is about the limit (with more voltage of course)

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 4, 2019

With AMD Polaris GPUs (like yours), overclocking is all about staying away from the power limit. Power limit throttling will generally kick in around...1250mV or so. If you need/want to go higher than that, you'll need to increase the "power limit %" to allow higher voltages. Simply sticking to "Auto" voltages will see you run into power limits almost immediately. Setting manual voltages (AMD WattMan is the best for this) allows you to keep voltages as low as possible while still being stable (which also keeps heat/noise to a minimum) and gives you more frequency headroom.

Each chip is different ("silicon lottery") but you could try and shoot for 1400MHz @ ~1150mV core clock. Sounds like around 1500MHz is about the limit (with more voltage of course)

core voltage it's ok to be seted at 100%?

Oct 4, 2019

and i can't understand the Global Wattman that's way i use the MSI Afterburner (sorry for my bad English)

Oct 4, 2019
Afterburner doesn't offer as much control over voltages as WattMan. But you can use it if you like. There's thousands of YouTube videos on how to use both programs (if you don't like to read the guide I linked)
Mhm, i will look, what are you thinking, it's safe to use core voltage? (i used yesterday and i have 87-88C) also very very hot but i see my gpu supports more OC with core voltage

Oct 4, 2019
I'd stop at 85C. If you're at 88C you've got to be thermal throttling. Are you monitoring actual frequency along with temps, or?
So what are you at right now? (Core frequency and voltage)

So, i use OC and Power Limit to +50 (Maximum)
Because if i use Core Voltage i have big temp to GPU and the frequency it s going down also OC with Power Limit +50 but without Core Voltage