Question amdgpio3.sys BSOD/Access violation

Aug 15, 2024
Hello,

For about two months, I’ve been experiencing problems with access violations and corrupted memory (this error is new). Rarely, I get BSOD, but most of the time, apps or games just crash with an access violation error. It all started after I reinstalled Windows. Crashes occur in every game I play—some after several minutes, others after hours of playtime (the fastest to crash is always Arma, even without mods). Even Chrome sometimes crashes with an "Aw, Snap!" error, with access violation as the explanation. Temps are always fine; the GPU never gets over 75°C and the CPU never gets over 70°C, even under heavy load.

My computer specs are:

• AMD Ryzen 5800X + THERMALRIGHT Peerless Assassin 120
  • RX 6700 XT Red Devil
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II
  • 2x 16GB Kingston 3200 MHz (KF432C16BBK2/32)
  • Seasonic 750W FOCUS-GX-750
  • Samsung 980 (90% health) as the main disk
  • Samsung SSD 870 EVO (99% health)
  • Apacer AS350 (100% health)
  • Kingston SA400 (69% health)
I’ve tried everything I could find online:

• Reinstalling BIOS/GPU drivers/Windows
  • Updating chipset drivers
  • Running commands: sfc /scannow, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
  • Multiple runs of Windows Memory Diagnostic and MemTest86
  • Turning off XMP and enabling Eco Mode (65W) for the CPU (I didn’t want to undervolt)
  • Running with only one stick of RAM and changing slots; errors still occur
  • Updating firmware of the main disk
After contacting Microsoft support (I suspected that this was a Windows error), they told me to run Driver Verifier, which created a memory dump indicating that "amdgpio3.sys" is the cause.

My question is: Is there anything else I could try before buying new components? Additionally, here are some older dumps/minidumps.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? When you've stated amdgpio.sys as the issue, did you install the latest chipset driver in an elevated command?

I used WinDBG and Ntfs.sys shows up as the component that's triggering the issue. Do you have updates pending for your OS?

Reactions: Sedlynne
Aug 15, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? When you've stated amdgpio.sys as the issue, did you install the latest chipset driver in an elevated command?

I used WinDBG and Ntfs.sys shows up as the component that's triggering the issue. Do you have updates pending for your OS?
Currently, I'm using 7C02vHD.
Yes, I have the newest chipset driver from here (I tried reinstalling; it didn't help). It's from MSI because I couldn't find any on the official AMD site.
The OS is also up to date.