News AMD's 2022 Sales Hit $21.5 Billion As It Posts Best Quarter in History

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
Shouldn't the title be something like " AMD expects 2022 sales to be $21.5B"? The present title makes an impression that it has already happened.
For me the most important news is AMD has secured enough wafers that by the 2nd half of year it expects supply to satisfy demand.

Reactions: TJ Hooker and VforV

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Shouldn't the title be something like " AMD expects 2022 sales to be $21.5B"? The present title makes an impression that it has already happened.
For me the most important news is AMD has secured enough wafers that by the 2nd half of year it expects supply to satisfy demand.
Again the case of superficial reporting, as usual with this site lately or maybe not only lately... meh.

Click bait title and I don't care for what company, even if it's for AMD, which I like.

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
Where did they say that? They said they secured enough to meet their guidance which is $21.5 billion for next year. They didn't project when or if they will meet demand.
In the presentation Lisa said that by 2nd half of 2022 AMD will have enough capacity to field products in all segments. For exact words I will have to check the presentation.

dalek1234

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
One of the interesting comments she made was:

"We feel very good about our progress in the supply chain to meet the 2022 guidance. And our goal is, frankly, to have enough supply to satisfy the demand out there."

They way I read this is: AMD expects to meet their 2022 production guidance, but only hopes that it will satisfy the actual demand.

You can say you project to build 1000 units of something during the next year, and meet that goal, but if the actual demand is 5000 units, and you can't produce more than 1000, then only meeting your own Projections doesn't satisfy the actual demand.

I think we can forget about buying a reasonably priced video cards, for a long time.

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
One of the interesting comments she made was:

"We feel very good about our progress in the supply chain to meet the 2022 guidance. And our goal is, frankly, to have enough supply to satisfy the demand out there."

They way I read this is: AMD expects to meet their 2022 production guidance, but only hopes that it will satisfy the actual demand.

You can say you project to build 1000 units of something during the next year, and meet that goal, but if the actual demand is 5000 units, and you can't produce more than 1000, then only meeting your own Projections doesn't satisfy the actual demand.

I think we can forget about buying a reasonably priced video cards, for a long time.
I'm not expecting GPU demands to be met. I hope processors will be available for all price points.