News AMD's 3D V-Cache Comes To Laptops: Ryzen 9 7945HX3D CPU Listed

NeoMorpheus

Commendable
Jun 8, 2021
Looking at the front page for the last couple of weeks and observing the non stop barrage of laptops released only with intel/ngreedia chips, I would say to AMD, dont waste your time, because it looks like nobody will sell them.

Jul 24, 2023
If it's a 17" 3kg model... then it's quite possibly going to be yet another refresh of internals of the last year chassis of the Scar range... I had high hopes it would land in a bigger refreshed and improved S17 chassis instead, bumped to an 18" taller AR screen... or at least the 17" current updated miniLED, but in a newer/improved chassis...

ozicom

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
I think this is the first cpu with igpu and 3d cache if it'll have an igpu. Writer did not disclose if it'll have an igpu so I guess will igpu have benefit with 3d cache or not? Also why amd don't think to make an apu with 3d cache?

Jul 24, 2023
I think this is the first cpu with igpu and 3d cache if it'll have an igpu. Writer did not disclose if it'll have an igpu so I guess will igpu have benefit with 3d cache or not? Also why amd don't think to make an apu with 3d cache?
The Zen 4 X3D series have 2 cu graphics and don’t benefit from the additional cache so, if this follows, the laptops won’t either.

May 16, 2023
The Zen 4 X3D series have 2 cu graphics and don’t benefit from the additional cache so, if this follows, the laptops won’t either.
well it's just that is physically cannot access it iirc. Ofc 2cu would limit it anyway but that isn't the reason as far as I know.