News AMD's Athlon Gold Pro 4150GE Surfaces to Tackle Low-End Segment

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Kinda cool. I definitely have a use case or two for such a chip... of course, given that it's competitive with i3 CPUs from about 2-3 generations back, AMD is going to have to price this one particularly aggressively.

artk2219

Distinguished
Kinda cool. I definitely have a use case or two for such a chip... of course, given that it's competitive with i3 CPUs from about 2-3 generations back, AMD is going to have to price this one particularly aggressively.

Here's to hoping that thats the plan, these should be super nifty CPU's in the 60 to 80 range. I could find the 10100f recently at microcenter for like $79.99, making it an excellent chip for the price that would last you for a few years, although you'd be limited with a 10900k as the top end option (Yes the 11900k exists, no i don't believe its really an upgrade or better than the 10900k). This athlon probably wont last as long due to the lack of hyperthreading, but i guess thats why Ryzen 3 exists, well, is supposed to lol, and AM4 has tons of upgrade options when one is needed.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Here's to hoping that thats the plan, these should be super nifty CPU's in the 60 to 80 range. I could find the 10100f recently at microcenter for like $79.99, making it an excellent chip for the price that would last you for a few years, although you'd be limited with a 10900k as the top end option (Yes the 11900k exists, no i don't believe its really an upgrade or better than the 10900k). This athlon probably wont last as long due to the lack of hyperthreading, but i guess thats why Ryzen 3 exists, well, is supposed to lol, and AM4 has tons of upgrade options when one is needed.

Definitely agreed - though, I have to admit, my MicroMachine (see my builds in my sig) was built to a particular purpose, and it's still serving that purpose well, despite That Athlon 200GE APU being 2-core/4thread, and its modest clock speed. That it is officially rated at only 35W is a bonus (I can't remember which website, but someone tested it, and apparently, even maxed out, it's supposedly more like the low or mid 20s in wattage range for power consumption).

Put it together in mid-2019, and still getting regular use.

Reactions: artk2219