News AMD's Instinct MI300 Moves Into El Capitan Installation

This is going to be the really interesting one to watch. If it delivers what AMD has been promising not only will it be the highest performing supercomputer, but it also ought to be towards, if not, the top of the efficiency charts.

Reactions: thisisaname

NeoMorpheus

Respectable
Jun 8, 2021
1fbcd878ed3e3a4b44cf07a298cb08cdd1dc6359268213b069173772db511f09.gif

Ravestein NL

Great
Jan 26, 2023
This is going to be the really interesting one to watch. If it delivers what AMD has been promising not only will it be the highest performing supercomputer, but it also ought to be towards, if not, the top of the efficiency charts.
What is interesting me is what they are going to use it for! I've read a little bit about the company that is building it and it's something to do with internal security of the UK and US if I read right. So, facial recognition and maybe control of digital currency and sort of stuff? Who are the biggest stockholders of LLNL?

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
What is interesting me is what they are going to use it for! I've read a little bit about the company that is building it and it's something to do with internal security of the UK and US if I read right. So, facial recognition and maybe control of digital currency and sort of stuff? Who are the biggest stockholders of LLNL?
You can read about Lawrence Livermore National Lab, here:

They discuss some of El Capitan's benefits and potential applications in this article:

LLNL's mission areas are outlined here:

I don't see anything related to facial recognition or digital currency.

BTW, LLNL is a research lab, so they wouldn't be involved in doing any operational security.

Reactions: thestryker