News AMD's Latest Chipset Driver Causing You Issues? You're Not Alone

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Can someone tell me what the problems were?
Night Janitor that writes all AMD software out with COVID-19... and No one else at AMD can code... The issue only come into play when you take it out of the box and try an use it. Leave the AMD product in the box and you will have ZERO issues.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Night Janitor that writes all AMD software out with COVID-19... and No one else at AMD can code... The issue only come into play when you take it out of the box and try an use it. Leave the AMD product in the box and you will have ZERO issues.

You spew the same tired joke every time there's an article involving anything AMD. Do you ever actually have anything constructive to add, or are continuously recycled comments that no one cares for all you are good for?

No company or product is immune to criticism, but endless bashing at the level of essentially saying "all AMD CPU's are paperweights because literally only one guy at the company can write code" over and over again is beyond childish.

57Stew

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I am still waiting for a gpu driver that actually plays video over hdmi without audio drops periodically. Games are fine just video. AMD gave up and blames Asrock. Asrock blames AMD. AMD drivers are a mess.

PBme

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Can someone tell me what the problems were?
"doesn't always update the GPIO driver to the latest version. There are also reports of increased CPU power consumption and incorrect operating voltages, along with other issues with Ryzen Master. "

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
There are no problems with the chipset driver itself that I have seen, only with the installer, which even in the updated chipset driver version (which supposedly had all of the installer issues from the March version rectified), unfortunately, the installer still lists the failure to install the GPIO system driver as a "known issue," for some reason. Why AMD made an official announcement about the new chipset driver install program being fixed, only to include the same GPIO driver install failure (even after reboot) as a "known issue" beats me...;) It's difficult to understand, because in the earlier chipset driver installers (used for chipset versions prior to the March release), the GPIO driver installed fine, as did the other drivers. So..."drop back to the old installer while you iron this out" would be my advice to Robert.

The good news is that all of the chipset drivers can be installed manually without a problem. Be sure, though, if you do this to read the .rtf readme for the chipset driver revision. It tells you which of the included chipset drivers are applicable to your operating system version--something the installer would normally do for you automatically. For instance, even though the chipset driver package includes a custom AMD "SATA" driver, it is only intended for Win 7 installations and is literally several years old...;) In Win10, AMD is using the standard SATA drivers from Microsoft for your HDs. For my Win10 system, only five of the included drivers are used by my AMD x570 chipset mobo.

TRENDING THREADS