AMD'S LAWYERS ON SKYPE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You do have a good point and face the fact intel or amd Fanboy. If one Company drops what is left? Cpu that are the same as they where as today. For the company dont have to upgrad them as fast to beat each other.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
First both national and international law says the market should be fair. Second, unless you own a boatload of Intel stock, why would you want them to have a monopoly, especially if you buy their product? If Intel ever became a monopoly, I seriously doubt that tellling them you're fanboy will get you a 50% or$70% discount.
lol gpaw so true i wonder if intel gives discounts to its biggest and dummest fanboys lol :lol:

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
If you reduce power to the chip, it will reduce performance/stability, which is just stupid.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Again, reducing performance to save power is called EIST or AMD Power Now!, and that is stupid to reduce the FSB, because all you can do is reduce the number of times it's sent per cycle or reduce the entire CPU speed itself, because the FSB and CPU Crystal are THE SAME THING.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Thx man now i know and knowing is half the battle THANKS J.O.E. GO J.O.E. REALLY WHATS THE OTHER HALF OF THE BATTLE WHY BEATING THE S**T OUT OF THOSE COMMIE BASTARDS GO JOE!

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know what the government will do... Make Intel split their product line. Itanic goes on it's own!!!! :lol: Course, that would just make Intel stronger...

nigelf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
wey hey. Now my 3.2 GHz northwood will outperform all you stupid AMD fanboys with your super new tech
(before i get any hate-mail - just joking)

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
This is what you resort to when you can't beat them fair and square. When you have money you buy the rule book and change the rules as you go.

The amazing part is that they still are dragging their feet about integrating the memory controller. They say that they may integrate it by the end of the decade. Their so arrogant that they don't want to adopt an idea of a competitors to improve their product even when AMD made the HTT bus open source.

TRENDING THREADS