News AMD's Liquid-Cooled Radeon RX 6900 XT Arrives Flexing High Clocks

VTXcnME

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
And none the new card abilities actually matters, as none of these cards (as is the pattern of the last year or so) will get into the hands of actual gamers/users

But boy... I bet it'll mine crypto nicely. :rolleyes:

Going forward, all the articles about new cards ought just be directed at how well they crypto mine... those are the only users getting their hands on any cards.

usiname

Prominent
BANNED
Feb 27, 2020
I don't know what is more annoying, the prices of the GPUs, or this spam in every article in every second post complaining for everything. I think the second, but they still think they are funny and wont stop complaining.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Hopefully it’s quieter than a triple fan design. I have a triple fan card that has no fan spin unless you’re playing games (it lowers clocks to achieve this), and going full blast the fans never go above 1200 rpm so I’m super spoiled in that front.

What the hell? A single 120mm rad design for 300W? I thought this was going to be a hybrid card, but that design does not give me any confidence it'll be sufficiently cooled... Unless it has a hidden fan somewhere for the HSF or some other dark arts are at play here.

So weird... And potentially a bad idea!

I hope someone reviews this, because it's interesting, to say the least.

Regards.

usiname

Prominent
BANNED
Feb 27, 2020
What the hell? A single 120mm rad design for 300W? I thought this was going to be a hybrid card, but that design does not give me any confidence it'll be sufficiently cooled... Unless it has a hidden fan somewhere for the HSF or some other dark arts are at play here.

So weird... And potentially a bad idea!

I hope someone reviews this, because it's interesting, to say the least.

Regards.
Fury X is 275W with 120mm rad and is very well cooled

Fury X is 275W with 120mm rad and is very well cooled
That was the high limit, yes. These cards hit 300W normally, so it's 25W extra power which is not trivial and this is a smaller area with a lot more heat on surfice (denser than Fury).

As I said, this is interesting and I'd like to see it tested. I'm curious if this actually can handle 300W without a hybrid design.

Regards.

usiname

Prominent
BANNED
Feb 27, 2020
That was the high limit, yes. These cards hit 300W normally, so it's 25W extra power which is not trivial and this is a smaller area with a lot more heat on surfice (denser than Fury).

As I said, this is interesting and I'd like to see it tested. I'm curious if this actually can handle 300W without a hybrid design.

Regards.
Fury X is 596 mm²
6900 xt is 520 mm²
Maybe little hotter, but Fury X is 60C and even if they didn't improve the cooler it won't pass 68-70

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It has a board power limit of 300W and a temp cap of 75°C due to HBM. But fair; let's say both cap at 300W.

And the aftermarket models of the 6900XT are hybrids with a fan, so not quite the same as this one.

Regards.
I know it's not the same.
The gpu core is going to draw 60-80% of the total board power on it's own.
The hybrids with a fan are going to have the cold plate handle the core + memory, and the fan cools the VRM - that air does pass over the memory + core and goes out the back.
But this? This variant of hybrid has to handle all 3 of those.
The Fury X has a nice, compact package; core, memory, and VRM all packaged closely together. Those 6900XT hybrids, the fan was a nice welcome addition.

It will be interesting to see how this cooler holds up.

VTXcnME

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
I don't know what is more annoying, the prices of the GPUs, or this spam in every article in every second post complaining for everything. I think the second, but they still think they are funny and wont stop complaining.
Bro... when you've got a pile of parts just waiting for a freakin' GPU for it, that you can't get your hands on, maybe you'd get it. I literally have the entire balance of a new machine sitting in the corner waiting to be assembled... aside from the one component.

It's beyond obnoxious that almost a year into release of new GPU's and main stream users are no closer to getting their hands on them then they were pre-release. It's frustrating.

Reactions: Kridian

usiname

Prominent
BANNED
Feb 27, 2020
Bro... when you've got a pile of parts just waiting for a freakin' GPU for it, that you can't get your hands on, maybe you'd get it. I literally have the entire balance of a new machine sitting in the corner waiting to be assembled... aside from the one component.

It's beyond obnoxious that almost a year into release of new GPU's and main stream users are no closer to getting their hands on them then they were pre-release. It's frustrating.
I was in this situation, but I didn't cryed under every article with same copy pasted phrases

VTXcnME

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
I was in this situation, but I didn't cryed under every article with same copy pasted phrases
You want a medal, or the chest to pin it on? Big tough guy upset that someone posts stuff you don't like? Jeeze...if only there was a solution for that.

What's your point? Other than trying to insult someone using poor english? "but I didn't cryed" ?? If you're gonna insult and harass someone you don't agree with using poor grammar and english.... well, it looks dumb. English isn't your first language? Cool story... Don't care. See my last point.

The cards are phenomenally difficult to get, Yes. Articles that indicate all the performance features of them, are mostly paper at best...if you don't like that I express that frustration, there's a cool feature: It's called "block". Articles discussing the benefits and performance of the new cards are laughable as majority share of users can't get them.

So block me, or start a fan club. I don't really give a hoot either way. I'll comment how I like. But in parting, I would recommend you pick up a dictionary (sitting in on a 5th grade grammar class wouldn't hurt you either). After that, you have a stellar day.

Oh... and just because you love it when I "copy pasted phrases" (or, I'm assuming copy and paste phrases.... I'm again not sure of your actual meaning) :
And none the new card abilities actually matters, as none of these cards (as is the pattern of the last year or so) will get into the hands of actual gamers/users

But boy... I bet it'll mine crypto nicely. :rolleyes:

Going forward, all the articles about new cards ought just be directed at how well they crypto mine... those are the only users getting their hands on any cards.

Have a nice day sunshine.