News AMD's Partners Roll Out Radeon RX 6500 XT Cards: Big, Small, Mini-ITX

Haha, what the hell, Gigabyte? These cards don't need a triple fan shroud. I'd even dare say single fan is more than plenty. I would've loved if they made these slim cards as well, but oh welp.

Regards.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I find it weird not one card is single slot, 107W isn't all that much. Even if a slight underclocking to get to single slot.

As for comment near end of article about it not being compatible with PC due to lack of 6/8-pin connectors, that's just 30W extra, and even lowest end OEM configs have at least ine or two additional molex or SATA power connectors, so a 1$ adapter to 6-pin should solve that. May not fit OEM miniITX builds that weren't designed for it (probably due to power supply limit, not cabling), but I doubt any OEM PC in several years is out of reach for this. Yes, there are some that can't even accommodate a single extra HDD, but in my experience those are minority.

Anyway, I also guess 6400 will be there soon for both of above cases, single/slim cards and no additional power.

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
The AMD numbers imply it will land around RX 580 / GTX 1060 performance, and a little (5-10%) under a stock 1660. If they can make enough of these that they are available around $199, it will throw a needed lifeline to PC gaming.