AMD's Phenom II Naming Change

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
Amd is starting to gain on Intel once again, or at least, they have quickened their pace. The intel's biggest bottleneck is the programs. Who notices the difference between 1 second and less than 1 second? In some software you will see a clear advantage for the new i7, but in a lot it will only be noticeable in synthetic tests.

The Phenom I started bad, got back on his feet and started throwing punches, but it wasn't strong enough. Let's hope the Phenom II has the power to compete evenly with the i7.

And if I remember correctly the first shipment of AM3 proc will support am2 and +. After a while, they will launch a "new" proc with only ddr3 support. But it shouldn't be any of these.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]armistitiu[/nom]What motherboards have that integrated RAID controller that support SAS because i've been looking for those too but i can't seem to find one (at least in my country)[/citation]

MSI K9A2 Platinum

Pejman

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
[citation][nom]Pejman[/nom]Why AMD did not use DDR5 memory Controller in their new processors?[/citation]

G

AM3? I think AMD should focus on making some 45nm AM2+ Phenom II to at least beat the current Intel's E8000 and Q9000 cpus. The consumers doesn't want spend to upgrade to AM3 just yet. And AM3 supported mobos are still hard to find in most parts of the world. If AMD wants to earn big next year I think AM2+ is still the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.