News AMD's Radeon RX 6950 XT Drops to a New Low of $699: Real Deals

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
If I was more irresponsible I would definitely pick up a 6950XT even though I have a 3080 12GB. It also comes with two free games, doesn't get any better than that.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Sep 17, 2022
If I was more irresponsible I would definitely pick up a 6950XT even though I have a 3080 12GB. It also comes with two free games, doesn't get any better than that.
Eh, the recession hasn't even started yet. TSMC just cut prices on their wafers for top customers. The downturn is still working its way through supply chains, there are more price drops to come.

I would bet the 6950XT will be below $600 in a few weeks and closer to $500 in a few months.

Reactions: zipspyder

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not in order:

1. Working from home
  2. Free money
  3. Windows 11 scaring people into upgrading
  4. Laptop Discrete GPUs being more then good enough (compared to the last time most people bought laptops for Windows 10, mobile GPUs were a lot less potent)
  5. Crypto mining creating a buying panic, and now offering enough used GPUs for everyone that wants one
  6. Consoles are relatively new and the PC doesn't have a price/performance advantage over them for several years more (and the upgrade cycle on consoles is going to shorten)

Basically 2020 and 2021 everyone that could upgraded. They are going to be good for a few years which will create a huge slump in sales. I bought a few things, and don't plan on anything major until 2024 at the earliest.

Hopefully all the extra fab space being built now will cause price competition to drive production costs lower. As long as there is still performance competition between AMD, Intel, and Nvidia we should see a drop in prices.

Reactions: zipspyder