American Megatrends CPU Fan Error Press F1 To Continue

YALE70

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I have an Acer Predator G3620 that I upgraded several months ago by swapping out the stock CPU fan with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 and upon booting up my PC it gives me this error. I ignored this for quite some time and I finally caved in. I entered my BIOS menu to see if there was an option to disable fan monitoring in the PC Health section, the only available option I seemed to be able to switch was Smart Fan and it made my fans run at full speed, even then the error still remained. My fan is working fine and my temperatures appear normal, I don't think the fan has a speed monitor because there is no speed displayed in BIOS. My BIOS is currently P01-A2 which I'm assuming is standard for the Predator G3 series. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

100_8306.JPG

100_8307.JPG

100_8309.JPG

100_8246.JPG

Nitro192

Distinguished
How many pins were the fan plugs?, A 120mm CPU fan plug generally has 4 pins to control voltage and speed. But any other 120MM fan not made for a CPU has 3. Do you know how many the old and new one had?

YALE70

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

My old fan has 4 pins and I'm pretty sure the one I have in the PC right now has 4 since it was designed for the CPU. The fan is spinning just like it should as well. Whatever is giving me this error boggles my mind though.

Nitro192

Distinguished
Many CPU cooler fans have 3 as well. It could be worth a look.

That could be the only issue seeing as the motherboard can't detect what fan is there, it just simply supply's power to it and detects RPM. As long as its spinning and working you don't really have anything to worry about.

Resetting the CMOS could get rid of the error but again just glance in and see if its a 3 or 4 pin.