ammount of data used by games

Iulian_3

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
what is the speed of write /read aplied by the games to the system?
how many gb/s use by ex battlefield 1?

Edits by a mod: i read that frecvency dont metter so much for gaming but i need to know if 15 gb/s as my ram is enought

i know that in games is used graphic card ram but the system need to have a good traffic of data gb/s for good performance so with what speed gb/s need to run pc for games?
i have i5 4590 asus b85 m-e asus r9 380x 10 gb ram 1333mhz.
thanks i wait for answers.

Solution
I think I understand what you want are trying to ask, but I'm not completely sure.

If you are asking this: "At what speed does data transfer from RAM in different games?"
Then the answer is this: RAM transfers data at the same rate always and is unaffected by software or games. If your RAM is capable of 15GB/s of bandwidth, then that is how much bandwidth it will always use.

If you are also asking: "Will faster system RAM improve my gaming performance?"
Then the answer is this: Yes, but unless you are using integrated graphics the improvement will be minimal. Likely between 0.1FPS and 1.0FPS in most games. Also, if you currently use DDR3, then you cannot upgrade to DDR4 without buying a new motherboard. You may also need to buy a new...

4745454b

Titan
Wait for answers? Really? You haven't yet. STOP bumping your posts.

You are really unclear on what your asking. (though I suspect English isn't your native language.) What are you trying to know? In your first post you ask about read/write speed of a game which indicates harddrive speed, but then you talking about frequency (not frecvency) and for some reason you toss in your graphic card ram. What is your question? I can't make heads nor tails of what you are asking.

Iulian_3

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Iulian_3 : "how fast must be pc for gaming"

yes works fine. so is not knowed with what speed work a pc(gb/s) when you play games.

Iulian_3

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
ok i see in some test that my ram 10 gb 1333 travel data with 15 gb/s. so my question is wich is the data transfer when you play different game..dont know..
i didnt find on google maybe is my question wrong. thanks anyway. i m romanien and i like this site a lot.

I think I understand what you want are trying to ask, but I'm not completely sure.

If you are asking this: "At what speed does data transfer from RAM in different games?"
Then the answer is this: RAM transfers data at the same rate always and is unaffected by software or games. If your RAM is capable of 15GB/s of bandwidth, then that is how much bandwidth it will always use.

If you are also asking: "Will faster system RAM improve my gaming performance?"
Then the answer is this: Yes, but unless you are using integrated graphics the improvement will be minimal. Likely between 0.1FPS and 1.0FPS in most games. Also, if you currently use DDR3, then you cannot upgrade to DDR4 without buying a new motherboard. You may also need to buy a new CPU/processor to do this.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Iulian_3 : "how much data a game reads and writes from and to memory?"

Quit making new threads. You're posted this several times. Last warning.

Typically in games you are limited by the speed of your GPU, not the CPU or RAM. The GPU has its own RAM and doesn't need to use data from the system RAM much. For gaming, there is little reason to use DDR4. DDR4 helps a lot with other tasks, however, such as compressing files or transcoding media.

Iulian_3

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
thanks for answers i think i understand.the ram is not afected by the game but the cpu and gpu is. is bottleneck between the speed of write/read of hard disk and speed of the games.ram is use only as volatyle memory. please correct me if i wrong.

4745454b

Titan
More or less correct. Generally with ram as long as you have enough to avoid using the page file on the harddrive and it's of a recent speed and timings, there isn't any reason to get faster or more. DDR3-1866 @CL9 isn't really going to be much slower than DDR3-2133 @CL10. Yes, your frame will be less, but not tons less. As that link I sent you in a PM showed, moving from DDR3-1333 to DDR-2400 gained an extra 10% in frame rates. You will gain much more than that by buying a new GPU.

4745454b

Titan
Did you read the links I posted? DDR3-1333 is pretty slow. Moving to DDR3-1600 or 1866 isn't a horrible idea. If the price is right and the rest of your system is good. If you are using a dual core CPU with a GT730 you have bigger issues than DDR3-1333 ram.