Amped Intros "Industry's Smallest" Powerline Network Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]fnh[/nom]Remind me if these adapters work with surge protectors again ...[/citation]

Shouldn't matter unless it has a line filter.

[citation][nom]fnh[/nom]Remind me if these adapters work with surge protectors again ...[/citation]
Not if you plug it into the surge protector; yes if you plug the protector into them.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
if they could get the cost of these down to like $20 per adapter
and allow u to hook up 3 or 4 throughout the house

I could see these become a very hot item

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
They are already pretty awesome. You can hookup multiple units throughout a house. I use it in my apartment for gaming on my laptop and for my streaming devices. I use Zytec (spelling?) or something - bought it a year or two ago. You plug one into the wall near your router and plug an ethernet cord into it. The other units get setup wherever you want so long as you have a power outlet. I then use ethernet from the wall outlet into a switch and I can share wired low latency across multiple devices in different rooms. Trying to copy Gb files from a wireless laptop to a wireless netbox can take forever. Ping in games goes up with a wireless network. These things are a god send.

xforce_dac

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I have 2 of the Belkin AV500. They work really well in the areas of the house where the wifi signal was weak. One of them feeds the flat screen tv, which made HD streaming from Netfilx work great. Although this model doesnt have the passthrough, so gave up an outlet plug in order to use them. But everthing else is on a surge protected strip so not too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.