[SOLVED] Ampere buying guide

Hello, currently I don't know what to do. Obviously I thought about ampere before buying my graphics card and I bought it in july, thinking it was a long way off till any budget options appear, however out of the blue, the 3070 comes in at the same price as the 2070 and better than the 2080ti. I looked online and sure enough near me they are selling the 2080ti from £350-500 and I am worried that my card will completely be obsolete and lose value very quickly. However if I do come about buying the 3070, I wouldn't be able to as my power supply is not powerful enough and my processor will be weak, thus needing to spend extra money. If the 3060 was to come out, when would it most likely come, what requirements would it have, how much more powerful would it be? How much should I sell my RTX2060 when the budget options actually come?

Just to clarify, my specs are as follows:

-RTX2060
-Ryzen 5 2600
-16GB 3200mhz ram
-CX450

I bought the 2060 to try out RTX and surely enough it works well to my standards, and with Cyberpunk 2077 coming out with RTX and DLSS I hope it should run. I will be playing at 1080p @ 60hz but currently I don't know what to do, should I just keep my card and not worry, sell my card when the 3060 comes? Please help me out, thank you!

Solution
If you are only playing at 1080p, and have no plans to upgrade to a higher resolution or higher refresh rate monitor, then there is really no reason at all to buy anything because your RTX 2060 is more than enough for any 1080p gaming at 60fps. Anything more, for that, is just a waste.
Nobody can tell you that, because nobody knows. And nobody here is going to seriously venture a realistic guess when there is no information but if the releases stay in tune with past releases then you can expect lower end models to begin trickling into the lineup over the next couple of months.

What I will say is the comment “and my processor will be weak” I think will be wrong. I’d be very surprised if you had any problems achieving 60fps which you said you are aiming for. Hold out for game reviews before concluding you need a new cpu.

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
I would just keep what you have now and wait and see what happens when it is released. I have seen minimum specs on CPU for CP2077 from R5 1600 to R5 3600. So just wait and dont stress. AMD is releasing theyr new GPU in november so you never know if they can match Nvida in price or preformance or on both.

Rushing to something you might not need is never a good idee

If you are only playing at 1080p, and have no plans to upgrade to a higher resolution or higher refresh rate monitor, then there is really no reason at all to buy anything because your RTX 2060 is more than enough for any 1080p gaming at 60fps. Anything more, for that, is just a waste.

Reactions: ceriumin
Solution