News Ampere for Mini-ITX: Asus Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Mini Launched

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That's not what the article says.

Still, surprisingly, Nvidia opted to equip its GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics board with a cooling system that makes it 242mm long, way longer than a small Mini-ITX case can accommodate. Fortunately, not all of its partners have followed suit, and Asus has released one of the industry's first GeForce RTX 3060 Ti cards for Mini-ITX PCs.
Nvidia made its 3060Ti that long. Asus has made a shorter one.

Dec 10, 2020
Would be great if the article stated how long the card actually was. Strictly speaking it should be 17cm long to conform with Mini-ITX, but it seems a lot longer than that

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

And if you go to the product details page at PNY, you'll see the dimensions of this card are 10.43" x 5.51" x 2.24"

10.43 inches = 265mm, which is LONGER than the 242mm of Nvidia's cards. Oh, and it's a 3-slot cooler. So, the PNY you referenced WAY too big to fit in Mini-ITX. The Asus in this article is short enough for Mini-ITX, and uses a 2-slot cooler.

Would be great if the article stated how long the card actually was. Strictly speaking it should be 17cm long to conform with Mini-ITX, but it seems a lot longer than that
True. Though, there's a link directly to the Asus product page, where it states "less than 20cm length". Not terribly specific, but not a lot longer than 17cm.

Haulien

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
The Asus 3060 Ti Dual Mini comes in at exactly 200mm - longer than the 2070/2060 Dual Mini (they were 197mm). Taller too, at 123mm. (the 2060/2070 were 121mm).

I'm more interested in the EVGA 3060 Ti XC - slightly longer at 201.8mm, however not as tall at 110mm. For SFF builds, height is everything too Asus!.

I do hope we see a Gigabyte 3070/3060Ti mini - their previous mini cards came in at 170mm long (however were tall at 121.3mm)

I wouldn't mind an EVGA 3070 mini either, if they can keep it around 110mm tall. Easier for PSU selection in USFF cases.

Also I wouldn't really call this a "launch" when no retailer has yet to carry it, the tech spec page is currently blank, and any other region on Asus's site has no record of it.

Reactions: eye4bear

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
200mm exactly? Where'd you find that info? Kinda weird that they'd brag on their site that its "under 20cm"... though I guess, technically speaking, 199.5mm would fit that definition.

Haulien

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
200mm exactly? Where'd you find that info? Kinda weird that they'd brag on their site that its "under 20cm"... though I guess, technically speaking, 199.5mm would fit that definition.

Asus Bulgaria has a working tech spec page: https://www.asus.com/bg/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-MINI/specifications/

• 7.87 " x 4.84 " x 1.496 " Inch
  • 20 x 12.3 x 8.8 Centimeter

I believe the metric conversions are wrong (8.8cm would make it quad slot...)

7.87" works out to 199.89mm
4.84" works out to 122.93mm
1.496" works out to 37.99mm

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sounds about right, and yeah, they botched it on the 8.8cm.

I did an online conversion, and 7.87" converted to 199.898mm.. so, yeah, I guess TECHNICALLY they weren't lying when they said UNDER 20cm, but man, that's really cutting it close, lol

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
When the main point of this article is the SIZE of the card, why should I have to go scrounge around for the actual dimensions? They should be stated and if unknown, then this article is only discussing smoke-ware.

SonoraTechnical

Reputable
May 28, 2020
When the main point of this article is the SIZE of the card, why should I have to go scrounge around for the actual dimensions? They should be stated and if unknown, then this article is only discussing smoke-ware.

I agree with you. Editorial wise, it's just not the same as it all used to be when we had Tom, Anand and Alex (Sharky) writing the articles for their own sites..... Now we get quickly written recycled articles for all Purch affiliated websites.... I know.. times have changed... old models weren't sustainable as they weren't sufficiently monotized... I get that.... But MAN.. AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE SIZE OF A VIDEO CARD THAT DOESN'T REVEAL THE SIZE???? This is a new low for Toms.

Well, I still come here because they have a decent amount of RaspberryPi content.....