An error occurred while processing your request.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Seem to be getting a lot of those recently. In the past, users have reported that clearing their browser cache helped resolve that.

I'll inquire further about this but if I remember correctly, this is a server-related issue but it's never occurred quite so often. Will follow up with what I find out.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Were you able to find anything further on this? When I get the error message I delete the Tomshardware cookies from Chrome and that fixes it temporarily.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
The following is what has been communicated to me from the devs, verbatim:

What we know is that this bug is not directly our own, it rather looks like it lies under akamaï’s responsibility. Akamaï owns servers that serve our pages as a sort of ‘cache’, we use them in the US because it improves the page load performance.
Since this is not under our very own control, the investigation is taking a long time.

We're doing what we can to address the issue, but certain aspects are out of our control. It appears to mainly be affecting US West Coast users, which helps to narrow things down. The issue is being prioritized as a result of all the people it seems to affect, but I'm told that we should not expect any immediate resolutions to this. It seems as if this will take some time.

Ugh, now it's starting to happen on my work computer as well -_-
I really hope they can get some priority on this, as it likely means eventually I'll be nearly unable to use it from work too. I cleared my cache but that doesn't necessarily mean it will stay fixed for very long.
(it's also annoying having to clear my entire cache as I need it for a lot of sites)

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

I gave up on that. What works is to use tomshardware UK. So I google tomshardware UK. It doesn't work if I type it directly, tomshardware.com.uk.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Sigh, I was hoping the issue would subside rather than get worse. There's honestly very little we can do about it on our end; this is an issue with Akamai's servers, and is curiously isolated to the US West Coast. Short of completely detaching ourselves from Akamai (which we are not likely to do), our hands are tied on the matter.

I know our tech guys have been working on getting this resolved with Akamai. Unsure of the status of this though. Will prod them for updates.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
James, Alyus, can you do me a favor? Next time you see the error, please copy and paste the exact error code here for me. Try to intentionally trigger it if you can. We're trying to work with Akamai on this, but it seems they only keep log files of the past 48 hours--meaning the error codes we've gotten from you guys before are no longer traceable.

Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444147853.34db03d5
Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444148411.34ebcb21
Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444148451.34ec6e0f
Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444148683.34eea8dc
Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444148719.34f4443e

More today -_- and on my work browser again, after clearing the cache on monday, hence why clearing the cache isn't a "solution" because it's so temporary and I lose so much browser functionality because it doesn't remember the things I expect it to.

Reference #97.d6c23d17.1444318911.100bdd5e

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
I've been told that this issue has been potentially resolved. We've made some modifications and the hope is that this error will no longer appear.

If you see it again, then that means we didn't do a good enough job of it. Be sure to let me know (with the exact error codes) and we'll keep on trying.

I actually had success over the weekend using Tom's from home, i've gotten so used to it being nearly impossible that I generally just avoided trying, but it was working without fail.

Ali_29

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015