[SOLVED] An "mount adapter" for intel (lga775)cpu cooler to amd am4 socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Hi! So my question is if there are any adapters that can help me using like intel cpu cooler (lga 775, screw distance about 3inches x 3inches) on a amd am4 socket? Like i want to use for example intel cooler on an am4 mainboard but it has another distance between screw-holes. If there is one i would be really thankful if u could tell me the name or link it so I can buy the right one.

Solution
in a generic sense, i don't believe such an adpater exists. but if you know you're way around some CAD software and access to a 3d printer you could certainly make your own for pretty cheap. just time invested n creating it. that's about all i can offer rally to do what you are thinking.

that's if you really think the time would be worth it vs buying a budget cooler that already works with the new mobo.

DSzymborski

Titan
Hi! So my question is if there are any adapters that can help me using like intel cpu cooler (lga 775, screw distance about 3inches x 3inches) on a amd am4 socket? Like i want to use for example intel cooler on an am4 mainboard but it has another distance between screw-holes. If there is one i would be really thankful if u could tell me the name or link it so I can buy the right one.

Depends what cooler it is. If it's a stock cooler, it's something you'll have to fabricate something yourself if you have the necessary skills. Which, of course, ignores the fact that those old LGA 775 stock coolers are absolutely awful and there's no real reason to want to use one on an AM4 build outside of a fun fabrication experiment.

Now, if this was an aftermarket cooler that has brackets for both, then it may be something you can obtain. But you didn't give us any details. The more information that people provide, the better an answer we can provide.

Nope,
Why would you try a LGA 775 Intel heatsink on AMD AM4, when it cannot even cool Intel CPUs that good?

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
I mean i just gived actually an example saying lga 775 because my cooler has the same size and distance between screw-holes. I didn't tell you my cpu cooler coz its I didn't know even the model coz i have bought the whole computer (hp) in a market. Now I have some problems with my pc, that doesn't work and I cant fix it. Thats why i have bought new mobo etc. and on it i want to try if my CPU that I already have (ryzen 5 2400g) still works or if it was cpu that was dead. If it will still work I need a CPU Cooler and the one that i have already won't fit into am4 (and i don't want to buy new cooler right now, coz im not even sure if my CPU works, if not i will have to buy new CPU = I will get cooler with it)

My current CPU cooler something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Presario-CQ5700F-Desktop-Heatsink-PBT-GF30-FR/dp/B01IRL3LXQ

My new mobo: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/

I mean i just gived actually an example saying lga 775 because my cooler has the same size and distance between screw-holes. I didn't tell you my cpu cooler coz its I didn't know even the model coz i have bought the whole computer (hp) in a market.
If you want specific answers that really will help with whatever you are planning to accomplish, I suggest you give specific straight info and don't beat around the bush.

Now I have some problems with my pc, that doesn't work and I cant fix it. Thats why i have bought new mobo etc. and on it i want to try if my CPU that I already have (ryzen 5 2400g) still works or if it was cpu that was dead.
I don't know if I understood correctly...
Is what you are trying to say that the HP computer has a Ryzen 5 2400g and you want to try it on the ASRock B450 motherboard to see if the CPU still works?
If that's what you meant, then you can use the CPU cooler that came on the HP and use it to tested the Ryzen 5 2400g.
A CPUs failing is a rare event.
You could post clear pictures of the cooler for us to have a better understanding or maybe the HP computer model.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
in a generic sense, i don't believe such an adpater exists. but if you know you're way around some CAD software and access to a 3d printer you could certainly make your own for pretty cheap. just time invested n creating it. that's about all i can offer rally to do what you are thinking.

that's if you really think the time would be worth it vs buying a budget cooler that already works with the new mobo.

Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
i've never seen such a thing.

you're much better off putting the money into a real cooler. those old intel coolers are pretty much worthless. even a budget $30 cooler would be better

Yes it true. My trusty hyper 212 is so old gave thoughts of recycle it but wont fit on anything newer. Maybe pay $25 way back when. Now its just the scrap metal its so sad. Not worth the trying to macgyver it on new board. Imagine the surprise when I see they make the new hyper 212 all these years laters. Back then it was a solid dependable cooler but today I think some look at it as definitely budgets. Oh by the way it comes in black finishes now wow. New air cool cpu coolers are very efficient. If you dont want the water then they next best thing even if they are gigantic. But thats what its about.

Like the 3d printer option they are so tempting and they come such a long ways in such a short time. Resin looking good. Dont own one now but they take up some space a reason why I not go down that rabbit hole yet. Also would need some practical application not just gizmos downloaded from thinyverse. Its a little different now thought isn't it there are so many talented 3d artists you can download much more than before? Have seen some pretty awesome star wars stuff :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah i've seen plans for just about anything you can think of and many more you have not online for free.

just have to do some looking, as folks have already made the plans for most everything. who knows might be someone who has already made an adapter like thinking here. can't be too hard, the local elementary school near me has a few and the kids have made all kinds of neat stuff. i suspect most has been premade plans they have changed somewhat but still. they have made some pretty cool stuff.

i used to use CAD heavily and something like this should be fairly simple really. it's when you get into al the crazy shapes on different levels that it gets tricky. but this is basically a square with a circle on each corner made to the right dimensions and thickness. add a few holes where needed and print

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
i used to use CAD heavily and something like this should be fairly simple really. it's when you get into al the crazy shapes on different levels that it gets tricky. but this is basically a square with a circle on each corner made to the right dimensions and thickness. add a few holes where needed and print

Yes CAD nerd at work here. Would be a simple thing to do. Yes impressed with artists who are sculpting in 3d softwares that dont seem powerful but there results are speaking for themselves. Much respect I dont know I could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.