[SOLVED] An unusual problem when trying to instal Nvidia driver?! I really need HELP!

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Hello, so I want to ask kinda strange problem that I have it here, so...
I go Nvidia page I download Geforce Experience all cool its been shown green I can click on it, I can install it driver from it but?
When I go to download the driver, I download the driver, for example, the latest but not via Geforce Experience, just as a driver, the driver downloads but when I click on it windows mouse pointer just circles, and my download location says Downloads NOT RESPONDING.
So what is the solution here I really need help to add an older driver but this Issue is very strange, I have 2 SSD drives, I have tried on both, and I have tried on the HDD too. On all 3 it's the same. Here I will present a screenshot so just you can see what is it?! Please,https://puu.sh/EfGrq/10d9ad5836.png I really need Help!

Solution
Not a clue. Could be drive being slow, though this would be somewhat difficult to believe with the SSDs.

The one thing which does look odd in the picture is the icon for the driver is lacking the usual Nvidia look for drivers. This leads me to think there's something wrong with the download process itself and hasn't actually completed. Compare:

qVb8Q7E.png

EDIT: added picture for reference.
Not a clue. Could be drive being slow, though this would be somewhat difficult to believe with the SSDs.

The one thing which does look odd in the picture is the icon for the driver is lacking the usual Nvidia look for drivers. This leads me to think there's something wrong with the download process itself and hasn't actually completed. Compare:

qVb8Q7E.png

Last edited:
Solution

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

qVb8Q7E.png

Yes Geforce Experience does not have that, but when I click right-click on it (the downloaded driver) and I leave the window as in it in my screenshot after some 10-15min it comes back to green and options from right-click like open, run as administrator, etc., showed, and I managed to hit run as admin, on the driver then it was circling mouse again for some 5min and then it prompted me the user account control YES or NO and I clicked YES of course and then I waited 10min more and driver installation came up! I have never seen such an odd thing! As I pointed out, with Geforce Experience been downloaded there is no problem, but for an older driver or in general downloading driver it does this, but I really don't know what is it! Thank you anyway for helping though.