[SOLVED] Analog Speaker Connection

Apr 30, 2020
Hello! This isn't home audio but I thought it was the closest category to my issue. In my workplace there are analog speakers built into the ceiling. I am trying to make a paging system. The Valcom input box allows analog rj11 connector, or 2 pin mono connection. As for the input, I have a VoIP Phone 😑. First, I connected a rj11 cord and connected it to the 2 pin mono port. Result was loud humming and beeping. It was then I realized there was nothing to translate the code from digital to analog. Then, I used a Yamaha sound receiver to translate the sound. It worked well, but when the VoIP phone wasn't in use, the speakers would make a loud humming noise. I look stupid using these options to make this work :tearsofjoy:, but I was trying to use the equipment that I already have. I am willing to buy equipment for this project if necessary, but I don't want to spend too much on it. What should I do?

Solution
No, but if I turn down the volume to the point where the humming is not bothering, you can't hear the person paging.

So it's not from just the speakers, you need to get a cleaner signal path to them, not much you can do except look at the signal path and start removing things, basically you will end up with using a standard amp and paging setup, whatever the speakers were designed for.
No, but if I turn down the volume to the point where the humming is not bothering, you can't hear the person paging.

So it's not from just the speakers, you need to get a cleaner signal path to them, not much you can do except look at the signal path and start removing things, basically you will end up with using a standard amp and paging setup, whatever the speakers were designed for.

Solution