Analyst: iWatch May be More Profitable Than iTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongray

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Much needed iWatch? How much more profit do you think Apple needs in order to survive, given that they're currently sitting on $125billion and growing cash reserves, and their last quarterly revenue was better than Google, Microsoft, Dell, HP, RIM, and Nokia combined? A blowout new product category would be a good indication that they could still innovate post-Jobs, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that they're suddenly in trouble because a few investors lost their chutzpah.

dmuir

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
What deadline? Since when did Apple come out and say they were going to release an iWatch in 2013?

Oh no, Apple better hurry and release the iWatch, otherwise all these "analysts" will look really stupid! Oops. Too late.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Apple does not need money! This is true they need to give more away in dividends!
It is interesting if they can do something cleaver with it. But its not for me (someone that hasn't spent a cent with any apple products or services.) The only products that i even considered were the iphone 3 and 3g they were good for their time. But now iphones are boring and lacking too many functions and maybe a couple of features.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
phones are starting to have water resistant. so I can swim with my phone.

people still use watch these days? Probably when they are going scuba diving.... but daily use... not so much.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I'm not really interested in something tiny like that.

I want something resembling the NanoForge from Red Faction Armagedon. Say around a 5 inch screen, going down the top of my arm..

Make this: Take my money.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
ITV is a television channel, stop referring to this fictional "iTV" nonsense. At least in the UK, that name will never be accepted due to ITV's trademark.

game junky

Distinguished
Not gonna lie, I'll probably buy one - here's hoping they make it near indestructable (waterproof, scratchproof, shock resistant, yada yada yada) because I intend to use it at the gym and I am not likely going to be nice to it.

I will be more intrigued when it's actually revealed and we know more about how it interfaces with other iOS devices. Since it's Apple, it will probably look pretty slick as well. They need a homerun after Tim Cook's recurring case of foot-in-mouth disease.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I am interested in seeing what apple and supposedly samsung come up with for smart watches, I love my sony smartwatch and it interfaces well with my galaxy nexus for quick glance notifications of texts emails, getting directions and even for the gps uses to determine speed and distance at a glance (all calculated on the phone but displayed on wrist) would love to see something with greater pixel dencity and mroe functionality. making the watch thinner would also go a long ways to making them more adopted. .. then again if google glass beats this and the samsung watch to the market it might render it a DoA product

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I don't wear a watch, so I am not interested in this device. But, if I did have an iWatch, what is it going to better than the smartphone in my pocket? The smartphone tells time, make calls, displays maps, etc. much better than a watch could. Or is it designed for people who don't have a smartphone but want some sort of smartphone functionality? I guess I am not innovative enough to get it.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
[citation][nom]game junky[/nom]Not gonna lie, I'll probably buy one - here's hoping they make it near indestructable (waterproof, scratchproof, shock resistant, yada yada yada) because I intend to use it at the gym and I am not likely going to be nice to it.[/citation]

No no no, you have to spend 80 dollars on an otterbox for that. otherwise the first time it hits the edge of the table it will break.

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare the expected profit margin to the profit margin of smartphones instead of the profit margin of watches? Truly, the device will be a lot closer in components to a smartphone than to a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.