Analysts: 20 Million BB10 Devices Will Be Active by Year's End

Status
Not open for further replies.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]here goes another analyst prediction. They're just like the Mayans... wrong.[/citation]
The Mayans weren't wrong. ("Wrong" implies they made some kind of statement)
Some morons who claimed to understand the Mayan calendar were wrong.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Whoa buddy, come to the defense of the mayans much? Okay okay, it wasn't the mayans that were incorrect, it was the other analysts that made predictions based on what mayans produced. So either way, my point stands.

dan-fish

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
An analyst must have an easy life. I bet 5 year olds could make better predictions than this. How does one become an analyst?

redeemer

Distinguished
You morons forget things like marketing, manfacturing, licensing costs! Sure over here in North America it is a very tough market but overseas! BB10 devices will be eaten up, so 20 million might be too low?

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
The worst thing about analyst is that most of the time they're like an oracle. If they're right, all happy. If they're wrong, they just shrug their shoulders and put the blame elsewhere.

After all, they're gonna get paid anyway.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I am so tired of Android (on Samsung phones), and on principle refuse to buy an iPhone that's made in sweatshops - so, come October I'm getting a BB. Something about "Made in Canada" actually seems to get something aroused in me... It might be a bad decision, who knows, but I've never owned a BB and I want to give it a go.

gamersglory

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]I am so tired of Android (on Samsung phones), and on principle refuse to buy an iPhone that's made in sweatshops - so, come October I'm getting a BB. Something about "Made in Canada" actually seems to get something aroused in me... It might be a bad decision, who knows, but I've never owned a BB and I want to give it a go.[/citation]

Pretty much every cellphone is made in in a sweatshop. But Foxconn who makes the iphone is one of the better jobs in china

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]I am so tired of Android (on Samsung phones), and on principle refuse to buy an iPhone that's made in sweatshops - so, come October I'm getting a BB. Something about "Made in Canada" actually seems to get something aroused in me... It might be a bad decision, who knows, but I've never owned a BB and I want to give it a go.[/citation]

If you were purchasing a smartphone on principle, you would never have purchased a Samsung. Nokia until recently was manufactured in Europe.

faer

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Just someone with a bunch of blackberry stock. Probably wasn't smart enough to sell when they were going down and wants to break even now.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Um...no. 12 million max and they'll all be overseas and those hardcore loyal business users. I work at a Fortune 500 company and most of them are equally as reluctant to accept a brand new OS for use in the office (company issued phones). So really this is kind of a ridiculous prediction. We're still on iPhone 4's. Not 4S.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I remember the times when everybody was looking at Palm Pre to be the iPhone killer.

To sell 20Mil+ BB10 will have to be on devices that are
- iPhone killers
- S3 killers
- Lumia killers

Kind of tough...

Almost all phones are made in sweatshops. The only reason Apple gets outed all the time is because they take their sweatshop phone and sell it as if the cost of manufacturing was in America.

Amazingly, my Nokia is made by Nokia, in a Nokia factory, by Nokia employees. Not saying it is not a sweatshop of sorts, but if there are problems Nokia deals with them and takes responsibility rather than attempting to shift the blame on some 3rd party. On top of that they still produce a better phone for a better price than Apple, all while turning a profit (just not the insane profit that Apple makes).
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nom]I remember the times when everybody was looking at Palm Pre to be the iPhone killer. To sell 20Mil+ BB10 will have to be on devices that are- iPhone killers- S3 killers- Lumia killersKind of tough...[/citation]
Agreed. I like the new PalmOS, but I am afraid that most of the sales are just going to be to people who miss their old BB devices.
If MS had any advertising sense they would sell WP8 devices as business phones. All of the features are there and work great... but instead they try and sell it as the hipster phone to try and get more app sales. But if they did have a business focus they could eat up the BB market without much trouble at all.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Honestly, I just don't see it. It doesn't matter how good their BB OS 10 is, BlackBerry is a dead product with their current business model.

Only selling the devices using the "in house" name of BlackBerry doesn't do any good when everyone wants a Galaxy S3, or iPhone. If they licensed this software out to other manufacturers at a cost of $0.00, then they would sell devices by the truckload.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I believe it. It's an incredibly good phone that fills in a space between the uber-open spyware vounerable android and the super-closed iOS that IS spyware. I've been rocking a playbook for the last year or so, and when I got my note, it pissed me off how much less intuitive it was, and I expect 10 to be even easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.