News Analysts Don't Recommend Businesses Rush to Windows 11, Despite New Security Features

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Most companies don't have machines that capable of running Windows 11... I wouldn't worry too much about companies rushing to upgrade to Windows 11 lol

Apr 1, 2020
New OS can mean new software versions and new licenses which can cost tens of thousands. As Windows 11 brings nothing new to the table for corporations, there's zero reason for them to upgrade until their machines are replaced.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
No companies in the right state of mind will immediately jump to a new OS version without thoroughly testing it. 1 being that MS' QC testing is as good as no QC. Despite having retail testers to provide bugs and feedback, I don't believe a lot of the issues identified is something new. And yet, there we have Windows 11, perhaps not even half baked, with a fancy layer of makeup to mask the legacy features. They try to sell Windows 11 as security centric, but yet, have exceptions here and there for certain "must have" features. Makes me wonder if security is a primary concern or just an excuse to push a "new" OS with mainly cosmetic changes.
2 being that even if Windows 11 is stable, some changes with it may break the applications used by the firm.

korekan

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
if business rushing to upgrade then there will be no more chip on the shop.
highly unlikely enterprise will upgrade. most huge enterprise still run on win server 2012, win 7. (and its a banking/ finance enterprise not just small startup company)
you dont believe me? yea. reality sucks

korekan

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
Security issues more often occurs on Windows !

Why people do not use other operation systems ??
wait what? linkedin, facebook security breached and you think they used windows?
let me give you information about security issues.
first. Linux almost not having interface virus. because linux environment never use UI.
second. Linux is the top attacked OS and most vulnerabilities. here read it yourself in this link. Top 50 products having highest number of cve security vulnerabilities (cvedetails.com)

if someone still said linux is top notch in security, its actually the biggest hole ever and non stop patching errand.
no offence linux is still good for its own purpose but for desktop. no.
daily i worked on linux environment but when it comes to desktop windows and macosx is the best