Analysts Predict Bigger Screen for iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterawsome

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
love or hate you have to admit apple was on to something when steve jobs was CEO, he had a certain practice that only he could maintain, so in short apple is pretty much dead without jobs

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]m32[/nom]So Apple was just BS in the past with,"3.5 inches is big enough"?[/citation]

It is big enough but consumers are dazzled by bigger displays and the larger displays of competitors is most likely the single largest selling point advantage. The current iPhone 5 screen is perfect for portable smart phone use but consumer trends will dictate device form factor.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Going back a year or so there numerous articles about why 3.5" was the "perfect" screen size and why Apple would likely never increase it to 4" or anything larger. And we all saw how that concept turned out with the iPhone 5. It's baffling to see that Apple finally followed so many other manufacturers into the 16:9 ratio while still marketing it as "innovation". Their iPhone 5 screens are still not even HD, they are only 640x1136.

I know these are just rumors and speculative prototypes but it's great to see that Apple is playing catch-up to other manufacturers in terms of hardware specs and what their devices can do. People will still buy them because they're the next iDevice but more and more consumers are getting educated/informed and moving to superior devices and platforms.

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]That's why they are the most valuable company on earth.[/citation]

Up until a few months ago, all of the product releases since his death were scheduled by Jobs. He created a plan for Apple. The stock price increase wasn't because of Cook, it was somewhat still the reigning of Steve. Yet, the iPhone 5, was Steve Job's last project, so it's still a possibility that Apple will not last without Steve Jobs.

skidawgz

Honorable
May 28, 2012
I cannot believe that this is taking up a slot in the news feed. Apple is completely over-covered on this, and many other sites. Tell us more about something we can't find anywhere TH!!!

fantasticles

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
There is no way apple is going with a 4.8 inch screen, if there was an increase I'd say it would be between 4.2 to 4.5 inches max. Don't care either way really, screw apple :)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]alexthager[/nom]Up until a few months ago, all of the product releases since his death were scheduled by Jobs. He created a plan for Apple. The stock price increase wasn't because of Cook, it was somewhat still the reigning of Steve. Yet, the iPhone 5, was Steve Job's last project, so it's still a possibility that Apple will not last without Steve Jobs.[/citation]

Highly doubt the iPhone 5 was the last device on Steve's list before going to the great beyond. Aside from that Smart Phone screens can only get so big and Sammy's S3 is the limit. Anything bigger is just impractical to carry around.

But, but, but, Steve said a 3.5" 4:3 screen was "perfect", because you need to able to access the entire screen with one hand. And Apple fans far and wide vehemently defended Steve by saying that the bigger screens on the competitions phones were stupid, because 3.5" is just exactly right, because Steve said so. What you think now? Still buying Apple after Tim burned you with bigger screens, that Steve himself said are no good for phones (not to mention the blasphemy and total disrespect to Steve by bringing out a 7.8" iPad). I put this to Apple fans: was Steve in fact utterly WRONG about screen size ALL ALONG?

fearless1333

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
This just in: in an exclusive leak by a Foxconn worker, the iPhone 8s-SuperUberElite is reportedly going to be exactly 15.9% thinner, 20.1% faster, and the screen is going to be bigger by exactly 11.1mm. Experts have already labeled the new phone as "revolutionary" and "ground-breaking." Thousands of people are reportedly already lining up in anticipation for the December 2014 release date and are excited that they can now get their new iPhone in hot pink to support breast cancer. #Savetheboobs.

G

Too bad the Iphone 5S will be the next model that looks the same as the 5 now just a tad faster. Dont expect to see the 6 before 2014. Meanwhile I went bigger this past April, alot bigger the Galaxy Note. 5.3 inches and getting the Note 2 soon at 5.5 inches the screen is bigger than the entire Iphone.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
Because I was just thinking to myself, "If only the iPhone 5's screen was just a bit bigger, I would've gotten it, but oh well..."

...Right...

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Too bad the Iphone 5S will be the next model that looks the same as the 5 now just a tad faster. Dont expect to see the 6 before 2014. Meanwhile I went bigger this past April, alot bigger the Galaxy Note. 5.3 inches and getting the Note 2 soon at 5.5 inches the screen is bigger than the entire Iphone.[/citation]I don't care for Apple in general, and I won't be buying any iOS devices as a result. But they generally do use a very decent SoC, especially in the graphics department.

Status
Not open for further replies.